need help with Hard Drive

carlorocco

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
I bought a Raptor hard drive and thats all i got. I'm trying to install it now and it's telling me it need media booting device do i need a floopy or CD from WD. Im trying to run Raids if that Helps???? i having putting in my Asus A8V CD, But nothing

carlorocco

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
It says to "reboot & select Proper Boot device or insert boot Media in selcted boot device & press any key "
according to the book i got from my motherboard A8V Deluxe it says the next step is to ," use the FDisk utility to format the array as a single hard drive."

pat

Expert
I bought a Raptor hard drive and thats all i got. I'm trying to install it now and it's telling me it need media booting device do i need a floopy or CD from WD. Im trying to run Raids if that Helps???? i having putting in my Asus A8V CD, But nothing

You know that you need 2 HDD to have RAID???

carlorocco

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
yes i have two , but do i need a floopy or cd for them ??? may be there another way to format them as a single drive ,even though the 150's

Asus A8V Deluxe, (Maybe if i can get them to work) 2 - 150gb Raptor, 2 GB Ram Corsair XMS, Athron AMD 4000+ cpu, ATI X800Pro and x-fi extreme

pat

Expert
yes i have two , but do i need a floopy or cd for them ???

you need to create the array first, then use the floppy to install drivers at Windows installation.

If the OS is already installed, and you're ADDING the array, then unplug both drive, enable the controller, boot windows, let it find the new hardware, supply the correct drivers and once done, turn the computer off.

You plug back the array and reboot. The array should be available in disk management to partition and format it

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
I bought a Raptor hard drive and thats all i got.

1 Setup the RAID array with your RAID controller.

2 When you start to install Windows XP press F6 when you see a message about pressing F6, and load the correct RAID drivers from a floppy.

If you loaded the correct drivers your should be able to create partitions, format and finish installing XP as you normally would.

If do these two steps and it doesn't work then you are not loading the right drivers.

TRENDING THREADS