Question for Dudley: Bob Hoover

Dudley,

I was wondering if in all your flying experience you and Bob Hoover have
ever crossed paths? Got any stories to share? I just finished reading his
Autobiography and it was a great read, was just wondering if you had any
cool stories to add.

-Gary Letona

"Gary L." <noone@123.net> wrote in message
> Dudley,
>
> I was wondering if in all your flying experience you and Bob Hoover have
> ever crossed paths? Got any stories to share? I just finished reading
> his Autobiography and it was a great read, was just wondering if you had
> any cool stories to add.
>
> -Gary Letona

Bob was a charter member of the International Fighter Pilots Fellowship on
my invitation. I also ran into him from time to time on the demonstration
circuit. I haven't been in contact with him for many years now.
As you already know, Bob is one of the finest demonstration pilots in the
world and I'm sure he covered most of his more "entertaining moments"
himself in his book.
Bob was, and probably still is, a fairly private person. I would call our
relationship during the IFPF years "friendly","cordial" and "professional".
I did loan him Howie Keefe's P51 'Miss America" to do his P51 show one day
at Dulles, after he dinged his own Mustang when one of his mains wouldn't
come down, but aside from that, nothing all that exciting to report I'm
afraid.
Bob remains today simply a good guy and a good pilot. He always had a good
word for everybody and was liked and respected by all of us.
If you are interested in learning about the Fellowship, you can check out
the following site. Bob is mentioned there along with the rest of us.
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/ifpf_history.htm
All the best,
Dudley Henriques