Shutdown problem

karl

After installing SBC Yahoo DSL software, my computer does a restart when I
want to do a shutdown. Can I fix this?
Thanks,
--
Karl K

Try here:

Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

Windows 98 SE Shutdown Troubleshooter
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shtdwnse.php

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Karl"
<Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After installing SBC Yahoo DSL software, my computer does a restart when I
>want to do a shutdown. Can I fix this?
>Thanks,

And uninstall SBC/Yahoo DSL software, too.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Alan Edwards wrote:
> Try here:
>
> Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter
> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>
> Windows 98 SE Shutdown Troubleshooter
> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shtdwnse.php
>

> ...Alan
>

> > After installing SBC Yahoo DSL software, my computer does a restart
> > when I want to do a shutdown. Can I fix this?
> > Thanks,

Dear Robear,

I need help with my friends PC and i hope you can assist me.

The problem is the PC hangs at the Windows shutting down picture whenever we
need to restart it.

It does not have any problems whenever we do a normal shutdown.

The PC System is Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A

Please reply asap.

Thanks & Best Wishes,
Lennard

"PA Bear" wrote:

> And uninstall SBC/Yahoo DSL software, too.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Alan Edwards wrote:
> > Try here:
> >
> > Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter
> > http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
> >
> > Windows 98 SE Shutdown Troubleshooter
> > http://aumha.org/win4/a/shtdwnse.php
> >

> > ...Alan
> >

> > > After installing SBC Yahoo DSL software, my computer does a restart
> > > when I want to do a shutdown. Can I fix this?
> > > Thanks,

Dear Alan,

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Try here:
>
> Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter
> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>
> Windows 98 SE Shutdown Troubleshooter
> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shtdwnse.php
>

> ....Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Karl"
> <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >After installing SBC Yahoo DSL software, my computer does a restart when I
> >want to do a shutdown. Can I fix this?
> >Thanks,

Start here: http://aumha.org/win4/a/shtdwnse.htm

Please don't "piggyback" onto someone else's thread. Start a new one about
/your/ problems.
--

Lennard wrote:
> Dear Robear,
>
> I need help with my friends PC and i hope you can assist me.
>
> The problem is the PC hangs at the Windows shutting down picture whenever
> we need to restart it.
>
> It does not have any problems whenever we do a normal shutdown.
>
> The PC System is Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A

Try using the URLs in my response.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Lennard"
<Lennard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear Alan,
>
>I need help with my friends PC and i hope you can assist me.
>
>The problem is the PC hangs at the Windows shutting down picture whenever we
>need to restart it.
>
>It does not have any problems whenever we do a normal shutdown.
>
>The PC System is Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A
>
>Please reply asap.
>
>Thanks & Best Wishes,
>Lennard
>

>"Alan Edwards" wrote:
>
>> Try here:
>>
>> Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter
>> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>>
>> Windows 98 SE Shutdown Troubleshooter
>> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shtdwnse.php
>>

>> ....Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Karl"
>> <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >After installing SBC Yahoo DSL software, my computer does a restart when I
>> >want to do a shutdown. Can I fix this?
>> >Thanks,

TRENDING THREADS