Naming Drives in Explorer

hi,
I did place this question at the end of another topic in another
thread, but groups are all about letting all see questions and the
answers so I decided to make it a new thread.
I am trying to remember how to Name a drive in Explorer. My own
partitions are all named, for example, my C: drive is named 'Majesty'
in explorer and etc for my D & E drives.
There is no right-click 'rename' available for this task and I cannot
remember if I tickled the registry or not.
I am currently searching through some sites relating to Win98 Tips
but so far no luck; hope one of you guys know.

...Rex..

My computer
right click the drive
properties
general
label

--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_
"Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I did place this question at the end of another topic in another
> thread, but groups are all about letting all see questions and the
> answers so I decided to make it a new thread.
> I am trying to remember how to Name a drive in Explorer. My own
> partitions are all named, for example, my C: drive is named 'Majesty'
> in explorer and etc for my D & E drives.
> There is no right-click 'rename' available for this task and I cannot
> remember if I tickled the registry or not.
> I am currently searching through some sites relating to Win98 Tips
> but so far no luck; hope one of you guys know.
>
> ..Rex..

I am bending over with my backside ready for the boot, how
could I not recall that?

...Rex..

"AlmostBob" <anonymous1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer
> right click the drive
> properties
> general
> label
>
> --
> Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
> spybot http://security.kolla.de
> AVG free antivirus http://www.grisoft.com
> Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
> http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx
> Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.pandasoftware.com/ActiveScan/
> Catalog of removal tools (1)
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/utilities/
> Catalog of removal tools (2)
> http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/newsinfo/collateral.aspx?CID=40387
> Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts file
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
> links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use

> Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
> _
> "Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > I did place this question at the end of another topic in another
> > thread, but groups are all about letting all see questions and the
> > answers so I decided to make it a new thread.
> > I am trying to remember how to Name a drive in Explorer. My own
> > partitions are all named, for example, my C: drive is named 'Majesty'
> > in explorer and etc for my D & E drives.
> > There is no right-click 'rename' available for this task and I cannot
> > remember if I tickled the registry or not.
> > I am currently searching through some sites relating to Win98 Tips
> > but so far no luck; hope one of you guys know.
> >
> > ..Rex..

Everybody looks for Name, so they called it Label

S ituation
N ormal
A ll
F messed
U p

--

> I am bending over with my backside ready for the boot, how
> could I not recall that?
>
> ..Rex..
>
> "AlmostBob" <anonymous1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer
> > right click the drive
> > properties
> > general
> > label
> >
> > "Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > hi,
> > > I did place this question at the end of another topic in another
> > > thread, but groups are all about letting all see questions and the
> > > answers so I decided to make it a new thread.
> > > I am trying to remember how to Name a drive in Explorer. My own
> > > partitions are all named, for example, my C: drive is named 'Majesty'
> > > in explorer and etc for my D & E drives.
> > > There is no right-click 'rename' available for this task and I cannot
> > > remember if I tickled the registry or not.
> > > I am currently searching through some sites relating to Win98 Tips
> > > but so far no luck; hope one of you guys know.
> > >
> > > ..Rex..

> Everybody looks for Name, so they called it Label
>
> S ituation
> N ormal
> A ll
> F messed
> U p

It's not the Name that I am annoyed about, it is rather the fact
that I was the one who changed it in the first place and hence I
already knew.

Thank you for the Colourful "s n a f u", I'm sure it will
come in handy.

...Rex..