brgenerator

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
When attempting to burn data to a DVD using a number of pieces of software, including the 'Sonic MyDVD Pro' bundled with my laptop, the task is performed well seemingly until the DVD is finalised, when an unknown error to do with there not being enough space to store the data occurs.

Specifically, Sonic gives me this error [code:1:5784d13939]Not enough space on the disc
The target disc does not have enough space to store all the information being written to it.

To avoid this error, try one of the following suggestions:[/code:1:5784d13939]

Then lists some things that may be wrong, all of which are inapplicable.

At each instance i have made sure not to exceed the data limit for the DVDs, usually by around 1GB. Additionally, I can rule out the DVDs being faulty due to the same batch working on another computer.

I have a HP Pavillion zd8255ea, with a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
1. What are the suggestions?

2. Have you tried burning just half the data, if you get the same message, then you know you're not exceeding the disk's capacity.

3. Are you trying to make a copy of a program. If the program is copy proteced, that could be the problem.

If your just copying data files, e.g., music, photos, or word documents, have you tried just copy and paste the data to the DVD?

brgenerator

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
1. The suggestions were seemingly a default response consisting of help for buffer underrun errors, which was not the problem i had.

2. Yes, I have tried putting less than half of the disks capacity onto it.

3. The data was .avi videos, and i have indeed just copied and pasted, to no avail.

Update: I have been informed that it may be a problem with the compatability of the disks. i.e. I may have a drive that is only compatible with either R- or R+ disks, and not both. So i shall be trying to see if this is the problem.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
If its a -R/+R issue, it shouldn't have let you even start burning the DVD.

I'd try the following:
1) A different burning program. I think Nero has a trial version on their website.
2) A slower burning speed
3) A different brand of DVDs. What brand are they anyways? Some drives don't like some media.
4) If those don't work, try upgrading the firmware on the drive