IE6.0-SP1 in Win98 shuts in specific pages

David

Hi all,

I migrated to IE 6.0-SP1 from IE 5.5 two weeks ago due to a requirement of
MSN Messenger 7.0. Since then has not able to open a couple pages, one is a
https:. I'm running Win98, had no problem before update. The same pages
opens in another computer running WinXP and IE 6.0 SP2 though.
Any insight is very appreciated.

Thank you!
David

HAGGIS

"David" <david_l@bol.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I migrated to IE 6.0-SP1 from IE 5.5 two weeks ago due to a requirement of
> MSN Messenger 7.0. Since then has not able to open a couple pages, one is
> https:. I'm running Win98, had no problem before update. The same pages
> opens in another computer running WinXP and IE 6.0 SP2 though.
> Any insight is very appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
> David

check/lower your security settings in IE

After installing IE6 SP1, did you return to Windows Update and install all
cumulative updates?

Are you unable to open /any/ secure site (https:) or just some?

Troubleshooting Secure Sites (WinXP/IE6 SP1)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444

Sandi's Secure Sites Page
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/answers2.htm#secure_sites

Working with Internet Explorer 6 Security Settings
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/settings.asp
--
IE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP