Problem Opening Works 4.5 database files

Tags:
  • Database
  • Microsoft
  • Converter
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 9, 2005 12:11:01 AM

Upgraded Works 4.5 to 6.0 on my Win 98 pc. Now, all database files created
in 4.5 will not open. Shortcuts all now have windows logo in them and
receive error msg saying can't open, possibly corrupted.

Is there any converter or workaround for this problem?

Thanks for any help.

More about : problem opening works database files

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 11:16:58 PM

Well...
http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/ MSKB
Search "MSWorks 6.0 file format" comes up with a handful, including...

• Works: How to Create a Custom Template
(142326) - A template is a document that has pre-defined settings, such
as margin settings or default text. For example, if you want to write
letters by using a certain letterhead, you can design that letterhead
and save it as a template. Whenever you open...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;142326

Works 2000: How to Use Templates from Earlier Versions of Works
(239901) - This article describes how to use templates in Microsoft
Works 2000, Microsoft Works 6, or Microsoft Works Suite 2001 that were
designed for previous versions of Microsoft Works. When you run Works,
templates designed for previous versions of...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239901

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,