Problem Opening Works 4.5 database files

Upgraded Works 4.5 to 6.0 on my Win 98 pc. Now, all database files created
in 4.5 will not open. Shortcuts all now have windows logo in them and
receive error msg saying can't open, possibly corrupted.

Is there any converter or workaround for this problem?

Thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem opening works database files

    Well...
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/ MSKB
    Search "MSWorks 6.0 file format" comes up with a handful, including...

    • Works: How to Create a Custom Template
    (142326) - A template is a document that has pre-defined settings, such
    as margin settings or default text. For example, if you want to write
    letters by using a certain letterhead, you can design that letterhead
    and save it as a template. Whenever you open...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;142326

    Works 2000: How to Use Templates from Earlier Versions of Works
    (239901) - This article describes how to use templates in Microsoft
    Works 2000, Microsoft Works 6, or Microsoft Works Suite 2001 that were
    designed for previous versions of Microsoft Works. When you run Works,
    templates designed for previous versions of...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239901

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "CAPITAN" <CAPITAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Upgraded Works 4.5 to 6.0 on my Win 98 pc. Now, all database files
    created
    | in 4.5 will not open. Shortcuts all now have windows logo in them and
    | receive error msg saying can't open, possibly corrupted.
    |
    | Is there any converter or workaround for this problem?
    |
    | Thanks for any help.

Database Microsoft Converter Windows