Transferring files with foreign characters

Hi,
I am in the process of transferring files from one computer to another -
both using Win98. Everything works fine except for the files and folders
with file names containing foreign characters like É or à. I tried different
keyboard language settings and also Multilanguage support, but still can not
transfer the files. Also, copy and paste does not work. How can I transfer
these files without having to rename each one of them?
Thanks,
AJS

You probably won't be able to move them without renaming them.

"AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am in the process of transferring files from one computer to another -
> both using Win98. Everything works fine except for the files and folders
> with file names containing foreign characters like É or à. I tried
> different
> keyboard language settings and also Multilanguage support, but still can
> not
> transfer the files. Also, copy and paste does not work. How can I
> transfer
> these files without having to rename each one of them?
> Thanks,
> AJS

Hello,

"AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am in the process of transferring files from one computer to another -
> both using Win98. Everything works fine except for the files and folders
> with file names containing foreign characters like É or à. I tried
> different
> keyboard language settings and also Multilanguage support, but still can
> not
> transfer the files. Also, copy and paste does not work. How can I
> transfer
> these files without having to rename each one of them?
> Thanks,
> AJS

How are these two computers connected?
On which computer are you executing copy command?

Roman

HAGGIS

"roman modic" <modicr@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am in the process of transferring files from one computer to another -
>> both using Win98. Everything works fine except for the files and folders
>> with file names containing foreign characters like É or à. I tried
>> different
>> keyboard language settings and also Multilanguage support, but still can
>> not
>> transfer the files. Also, copy and paste does not work. How can I
>> transfer
>> these files without having to rename each one of them?
>> Thanks,
>> AJS
>
> How are these two computers connected?
> On which computer are you executing copy command?
>
> Roman

you could try "zipping" them