Acer Intros New Windows 8 Notebooks, Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
man... the screen...it just doesn't look right to me :( it looks so off center with the icons (are they still called that?) the way they are.

G

Since it's not noted in the highlights, I assume these have the same crappy resolution and screens most other budget notebooks do?

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]man... the screen...it just doesn't look right to me it looks so off center with the icons (are they still called that?) the way they are.[/citation]
Microsoft calls them "Tiles" now.

G

Do any windows laptops have Thunderbolt ports Yet? And if they do they should be at least 200 dollars cheeper than the lowest priced Apple or I will just get an Apple! Really Tom's, at this point in time I would have expected more than a few Windows laptops and all windows ultrabooks to offer thunderbolt ports!
Where are the laptop reviews that should be saying, "yes this laptop offers so much, but still no thunderbolt ports, what is up with that OEM?, Intel?" That article on Lucid and their external GPU enclosure has me waiting for thunderbolt on windows laptops!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Thunderbolt ports are NOT cheap yet... so even with NON-MAC computers, such ports will add about $125~175+ to the price.

Nobody is putting a gun to their heads to keep them from putting Tports.

pereks

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I am also waiting for thunderbolt port on a windows laptop. I really thought they would be many makes announced by now but hardly no nice offering. I would be very happy to pay $ 200 more for such a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS