Explorer crashing after SP2 Upgrade

I installed Windows XP SP2 about a week and a half ago with no issues.
However now I am finding that Explorer is crashing frequently for
unexplained reasons.

Has anyone found this error at all? if so has anyone found a patch or fix
for this issue?

Adam
1 answer Last reply
More about explorer crashing upgrade

    "Adam Clark" <adam.clark@volante.com.au> wrote:

    >I installed Windows XP SP2 about a week and a half ago with no issues.
    >However now I am finding that Explorer is crashing frequently for
    >unexplained reasons.

    Check your startup settings to find out if software running in the
    background is causing this. Applications that start with Windows can
    be found here:
    - the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
    - the Registry keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    - the folders
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
    XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
    Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

    --
    (tm)