remove login window

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
June 11, 2005 9:42:23 PM

Hi All!

Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
but going to Users only give me an option to ADD users. How on earth
can I get rid of it?

TIA

More about : remove login window

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:53:16 AM

"How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at
Startup"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;152104

When it comes to setting up again, then if you no longer want a password,
enter a name but DO NOT enter any password at all, then click OK.
DO NOT "cancel".

Mart

"sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi All!
>
> Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
> but going to Users only give me an option to ADD users. How on earth
> can I get rid of it?
>
> TIA
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:35:53 PM

sf wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Daughter's computer is an ME. I wanted to remove the login window,
> but going to Users only give me an option to ADD users. How on earth
> can I get rid of it?

You might also want to use TweakUI and set an automatic logon.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor

Yes I'm a therian:
http://www.wikitherian.org

"Who needs a soul when you
can make other people happy?"
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:03:35 AM

Or change the registry value
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Network\Real
Mode Net
in the right hand pane AutoLogon value be amended to 01 00 00 00

!