sp0ngebong

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
im not really sure where to put this, but since it ivolves my cpu temp as well as my case temp it i think it can go here.

http://www.geocities.com/sp0ngebong/untitled.bmp

that is a diagram of the fans on my comp. it is a thermaltake armor with all stock fans with the exception of the back (which is a controllable and faster version of the one i had). my machine has a pentium 4 640 with an arctic cooling freezer 7 pro cooling unit. the thing that bothers me is that my cpu fan is about an inch away from my back fan, and im not sure if it would be better if i turned it around (which i dont feel like doing but am willing to do) so that it would be not as close and then turn around the back fan. i was also thinking about turning around the front fan. what do you guys think? right now my comp temp is 35c and my cpu is 36c with no load (and its oced to a 3.8ghz with a voltage of 1.31).

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
im not really sure where to put this, but since it ivolves my cpu temp as well as my case temp it i think it can go here.

http://www.geocities.com/sp0ngebong/untitled.bmp

that is a diagram of the fans on my comp. it is a thermaltake armor with all stock fans with the exception of the back (which is a controllable and faster version of the one i had). my machine has a pentium 4 640 with an arctic cooling freezer 7 pro cooling unit. the thing that bothers me is that my cpu fan is about an inch away from my back fan, and im not sure if it would be better if i turned it around (which i dont feel like doing but am willing to do) so that it would be not as close and then turn around the back fan. i was also thinking about turning around the front fan. what do you guys think? right now my comp temp is 35c and my cpu is 36c with no load (and its oced to a 3.8ghz with a voltage of 1.31).

The idea is to have good front to back movement and ventilation in the case. You want to mount the front fan so it directs air towards the back of the case and then the back fan should be exhaust. The reason for this is because, the exhaust fan will do a better job at removing heat away from the CPU.

If you have crossflow or side mounted fans, direct them as intake fans blowing air towards the processor. If you have a top mounted fan, use it as exhaust.

I looked at your diagram and it seems as if you may have the fans mounted backwards from what I can tell. Like I said, front fan should be intake and all rear fans should be exhaust. If your CPU fan is directional, have it direct the air towards the rear exhaust fan.

endyen

Splendid
I'm guessing that the lines are on the intake side, in your diagram. Most everything looks okay, but you seem to be short an intake fan or two. At this point, your three exhaust fans are fighting each other over who gets what share of the air supplied by the intake fan.

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
Looky

untitled3cw.jpg

Front is intake *

srry for the mistake

=]

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I got the same case as you are, check my mod. I installed an 80mm fan on the side door panel using a dremel. It's not that hard to do so, but Im getting this when it comes out this June.

Anyways with this mod I got the temps down in both my cpu and case.

sp0ngebong

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
yeah i saw that side panel thermaltake is comin out with, i was thinkin of gettin it too. nice lookin case btw :)

thanks for the diagram uber and for the explanation luminaris. im gonna switch my stuff around and follow that diagram. ill be gettin that side panel when it comes out as well...

thanks guys!