Secure Site Connection Difficulty

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have an Outlook 2003 account at work that I can usually connect to via
internet. I say usually as I can connect if I use XP but cannot when I use
98SE. The operation times out. Using the "ping" command times out as well.
I am using IE with 128 bit encryption. What settings may I have overlooked
that wont allow 98SE to successfully link up? Thanks. Chris

Chris wrote:
> I have an Outlook 2003 account at work that I can usually connect to via
> internet. I say usually as I can connect if I use XP but cannot when I use
> 98SE. The operation times out. Using the "ping" command times out as well.
> I am using IE with 128 bit encryption. What settings may I have overlooked
> that wont allow 98SE to successfully link up? Thanks. Chris

Windows version isn't to blame. Check your internet connection.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor

Yes I'm a therian:
http://www.wikitherian.org

"Who needs a soul when you
can make other people happy?"

Is an account set up for the 98 to have access?
Is 98 being blocked by a firewall because it isn't configured in the trusted
zone?

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }