Safe Mode

My sons computer (PII) will not start in Safe Mode. Is there anyway to force
this or find
out why it will not start in this mode. Seems strange.

TK

If you can boot normally:
Click Start > Run, type: msconfig and press Enter
Under the General tab click the Advanced button
Put a check next to "Enable startup menu"
Click Apply > Ok

When you reboot select Safe Mode from the Startup menu.

or
Start the machine and Press/hold down the ctrl key or continually tap the F8 at
the POST screen and before the Windows logo screen to bring up the Startup menu
where you can select Safe Mode.

If the machine has a drive controller card, you must wait until you see the
detection of the drives by the controller cards BIOS before doing as stated
above.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }