Best free antivirus software?

Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?

Thanks.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391
6 answers Last reply
More about best free antivirus software

    Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
    spybot http://security.kolla.de
    Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
    Catalog of removal tools (1)
    Catalog of removal tools (2)
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/newsinfo/collateral.aspx?CID=40387
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
    _

    WinterWind wrote:
    > Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
    > program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?

    I've been using avast! for a couple of months, used to use eTrust but
    they wouldn't honor their agreed upon renewal fee. Screw 'em,

    So far, I like avast! better than eTrust. Easy to use, updates easily.
    You would want the "Home Edition"

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    I am currently using the free version of AVAST and am very happy with it:

    Are you viewing our group using a web browser? I noticed in your headers that you
    are posting through WindowsForumz.com. Do you realise that they are simply sending
    your posts to the Microsoft newsgroups, and you are unnecessarily using a middleman?

    Visit us using a newsreader at:
    to avoid the middleman - ADVERTISEMENT-FREE!

    How to set up Outlook Express (OE) as a newsreader program to access the Microsoft
    forums:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.htm#setupmsnews
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
    > program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
    >
    > Thanks.

    > Topic URL:
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391

    Hello, I use AVG free edtion for Windows.http://www.grisoft.com
    Take Care.
    beamish.
    "WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
    > program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
    >
    > Thanks.

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html

    Blair Malcolm
    "WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
    > program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
    >
    > Thanks.

    request
    > Topic URL:
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391

    I would recommend AVG from Grisoft
    www.grisoft.com
    Blair

    I like this one that I am trying at the moment:
    http://www.antivir-pe.de/en/

    I tried Avast but did not like it.
    --
    mae

    "WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news:3_1722391_dbb62d623462c826aec200a25e4873bb@windowsforumz.com...
    | Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
    | program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
    |
    | Thanks.
    |
    | --
    | Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
    | Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
    | Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
    | Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391

Microsoft Antivirus Software Windows