not enough free extended /xms memory to run setup

Dear All
I m getting an error when I run setup to install win98se in my system as:
not enough free extended /xms memory to run setup.
If some have any solutions pls send me.
I will be very thankful to all.
4 answers Last reply
More about free extended memory setup

    If you were using a standard 98 startup or bootdisk, it would contain
    the lines,
    set temp=c:\
    set tmp=c:\
    in it's autoexec.bat file and 'cure' this error message?

    It was a common ailment with 95 bootdisk's autoexec.bat file which did
    not contain those lines. Get a standard 98 bootdisk from
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Any joy?

    satendar wrote:
    > Dear All
    > I m getting an error when I run setup to install win98se in my system as:
    > not enough free extended /xms memory to run setup.
    > If some have any solutions pls send me.
    > I will be very thankful to all.

    How much memory do you have on your system?

    Also please send us the contens of your Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files.

    --
    Model: INFJ
    Primary function: Coprocessor

    Yes I'm a therian:
    http://www.wikitherian.org

    "Who needs a soul when you
    can make other people happy?"

    I have 256 mb ram in my system.and in others hard disk I m able to install
    but not in this.I m getting an error as u told.

    "Jure Sah" wrote:

    > satendar wrote:
    > > Dear All
    > > I m getting an error when I run setup to install win98se in my system as:
    > > not enough free extended /xms memory to run setup.
    > > If some have any solutions pls send me.
    > > I will be very thankful to all.
    >
    > How much memory do you have on your system?
    >
    > Also please send us the contens of your Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files.
    >
    > --
    > Model: INFJ
    > Primary function: Coprocessor
    > Secondary function: Cluster commander
    >
    > Yes I'm a therian:
    > http://www.wikitherian.org
    >
    > "Who needs a soul when you
    > can make other people happy?"

    Try starting the computer with a boot floppy. Then insert your Windows
    98 CD and type "setup".

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

    Ben

    "satendar" <satendar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B4884DF-B740-4B84-8F8C-C97D7CEDC619@microsoft.com...
    > Dear All
    > I m getting an error when I run setup to install win98se in my system as:
    > not enough free extended /xms memory to run setup.
    > If some have any solutions pls send me.
    > I will be very thankful to all.

Memory Microsoft Windows