hidden files

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 14, 2005 5:16:02 PM

My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

More about : hidden files

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 4:41:38 AM

LUTRA wrote:
> My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
> ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
> these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
> DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

This is Gator software. You should be able to disable most of it if you
just look under C:\Program Files in a directory called
"Common"-something there should be a directory called "Gator"-something.
Simply delete that "Gator"-something directory and you have eliminated
most of them.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor

Yes I'm a therian:
http://www.wikitherian.org

"Who needs a soul when you
can make other people happy?"
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 11:25:00 AM

Please post exact details of the files and specify the spyware
program.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "LUTRA"
<LUTRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
>ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
>these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
>DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.
June 15, 2005 2:34:35 PM

"LUTRA" <LUTRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D25EF12-28DD-4AEA-8E77-B9673BD3553F@microsoft.com...
> My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
> ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
> these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
> DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

See if they are in the "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files" folder. If so,
right-click them and select "Remove".

Ben
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 7:29:02 PM

The files are C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\HDPlugin1015.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
Files\CONFLICT.2\HDPlugin1015.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\HDPlugin1015.dll
and I am using SPYBOT for spyware detection.
LUTRA

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Please post exact details of the files and specify the spyware
> program.
>
> ....Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "LUTRA"
> <LUTRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
> >ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
> >these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
> >DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:04:18 PM

Just remove them as Ben suggested three days ago.

....Alan

--

!