hidden files

My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.
5 answers Last reply
More about hidden files

    LUTRA wrote:
    > My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
    > ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
    > these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
    > DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

    This is Gator software. You should be able to disable most of it if you
    just look under C:\Program Files in a directory called
    "Common"-something there should be a directory called "Gator"-something.
    Simply delete that "Gator"-something directory and you have eliminated
    most of them.

    --
    Model: INFJ
    Primary function: Coprocessor

    Yes I'm a therian:
    http://www.wikitherian.org

    "Who needs a soul when you
    can make other people happy?"

    Please post exact details of the files and specify the spyware
    program.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    "LUTRA" <LUTRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D25EF12-28DD-4AEA-8E77-B9673BD3553F@microsoft.com...
    > My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
    > ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
    > these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
    > DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

    See if they are in the "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files" folder. If so,
    right-click them and select "Remove".

    Ben

    The files are C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\HDPlugin1015.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
    Files\CONFLICT.2\HDPlugin1015.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\HDPlugin1015.dll
    and I am using SPYBOT for spyware detection.
    LUTRA

    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > Please post exact details of the files and specify the spyware
    > program.
    >
    > ....Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "LUTRA"
    > <LUTRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
    > >ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
    > >these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
    > >DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

    Just remove them as Ben suggested three days ago.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "LUTRA"
    <LUTRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >The files are C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\HDPlugin1015.dll
    > C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
    >Files\CONFLICT.2\HDPlugin1015.dll
    > C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\HDPlugin1015.dll
    >and I am using SPYBOT for spyware detection.
    >LUTRA
    >
    >"Alan Edwards" wrote:
    >
    >> Please post exact details of the files and specify the spyware
    >> program.
    >>
    >> ....Alan
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "LUTRA"
    >> <LUTRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My virus scan recently detected 3 "at-risk" files which are associated with
    >> >ADWARE.GATOR. My spyware pgm found the ADWARE pgm and got rid of it, but
    >> >these files which are hidden are still there. They are plug-ins. HOW CAN I
    >> >DELETE THESE HIDDEN FILES AND get them out of my computer.

Hidden Files Microsoft Windows