HP ink level

I have a HP 3225 printer.

I have a problem.
I can't view the real state of the ink level on the black
cartridge,when I'm printing.
When I spent out the black colour,I refilled it and put back on.
But when I started printing a page,the default picture of the ink
level was at the same level,almost empty.

How can I change this?
Maybe changing some setting defaults in the printer software or
something else?

HELP!

slake
3 answers Last reply
More about level

    On almost every HP printer of the last several years you have to fool the
    printer into thinking it has a new cartridge. As the printer only remembers
    the internal serial numbers of the last two used cartridges, you have to
    fool it either by inserting two old empty cartridges and then your refilled
    cartridge, or by taping over various contacts on the cartridge for two
    insertions and then taking the tape off for the third insertion. Then, the
    ink status jumps to 100%.

    I found some info at http://www.misterinkjet.com/hp56reset.htm for resetting
    the 8727 cartridge which I believe your printer uses.

    "slake" <sladjan_radosavljevic@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:420e9cda$1_1@alt.athenanews.com...
    >I have a HP 3225 printer.
    >
    > I have a problem.
    > I can't view the real state of the ink level on the black
    > cartridge,when I'm printing.
    > When I spent out the black colour,I refilled it and put back on.
    > But when I started printing a page,the default picture of the ink
    > level was at the same level,almost empty.
    >
    > How can I change this?
    > Maybe changing some setting defaults in the printer software or
    > something else?
    >
    > HELP!
    >
    > slake

    On 12 Feb 2005 19:18:34 -0500,
    sladjan_radosavljevic@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (slake) wrote:

    >I have a HP 3225 printer.
    >
    >I have a problem.
    >I can't view the real state of the ink level on the black
    >cartridge,when I'm printing.
    >When I spent out the black colour,I refilled it and put back on.
    >But when I started printing a page,the default picture of the ink
    >level was at the same level,almost empty.
    >
    >How can I change this?
    >Maybe changing some setting defaults in the printer software or
    >something else?
    >
    >HELP!
    >
    >slake

    On most HP printers you can safely ignore that empty ink cartridge
    display.

    PJ

    Thanks for posts.

    slake