Help needed regarding SIP

Hi All,

I am a newbie. I am working on my final year project, which is
implementation of SIP. I have started reading RFC-3261. Actually I
want a basic idea about SIP implementation, how to start with, what
technologies will be needed and for what etc. etc.

As I heard that open source of SIP implementation is available on net.
Can any one tell me about this.

Is there any one to provide me guidance, that how to start. Though I
am well versed in socket programming, so what I need more other than
this.

Waiting for a positive response.

If you want PC to PC VOIP, the software is freely available from numerous
sources. The basic program is peer to peer over the internet. (and is free)
access to calling to a wired phone incurs a fee (usually pre-paid by the
minute)
http://sipphone.com/basics/
(has a good basic description)

http://www.glophone.com/homepage
I use this one, free peer-to-peer
The "Bluephone" is free, sound excellent
prepaid plans for calling wired phones

Skype is popular
http://www.skype.com/

There are also hardware solutions for use without computer support.

I am a casual user. There are dozens of free software voip solutions
available-- I have only tried a few.

Pepperoni
glophone 734-531-0160-2657
ICQ 10354864

"Rajat" <myself_rajat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am a newbie. I am working on my final year project, which is
> implementation of SIP. I have started reading RFC-3261. Actually I
> want a basic idea about SIP implementation, how to start with, what
> technologies will be needed and for what etc. etc.
>
> As I heard that open source of SIP implementation is available on net.
> Can any one tell me about this.
>
> Is there any one to provide me guidance, that how to start. Though I
> am well versed in socket programming, so what I need more other than
> this.
>
> Waiting for a positive response.

I gave a confusing URL for the free Bluephone, try here;
http://www.glophone.com/plans