WinsockXPFix for 98SE [?]

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 14, 2005 9:43:21 PM

Should WinsockXPFix (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html)
work for Win'98SE as well?

If not, is there 98SE compatible counterpart?

Please advise.

TIA, Eugene

More about : winsockxpfix 98se

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:08:37 PM

David,

<<< LSP fix -- http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm >>>

Please pardon my ignorance, but is LSP Fix as comprehensive as
WinsockXPFix?

TIA, Eugene
June 21, 2005 3:53:07 PM

David,

I run LSPFix and it did not find anything to do at all. What does it
mean? Is my TCP/IP generally OK (clean bill of health) or do I lack
just one particular problem?

TIA, Eugene
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 7:13:33 PM

David,

Yes, I read the "readme" file and I do have a networking problem. I
just do not know whether it's a TCP/IP problem or not.

I have another thread (cross-posted on this NG) titled "Workstation
sees wireless router but can not connect" that deals with my particular
problem.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 7:32:52 PM

From: "Eugene F." <pm771.am@gmail.com>

| David,
|
| I run LSPFix and it did not find anything to do at all. What does it
| mean? Is my TCP/IP generally OK (clean bill of health) or do I lack
| just one particular problem?
|
| TIA, Eugene

You only use it when there is a problem. Many forms of non-viral malware pluck themselves
into the WINSOCK-TCP/IP stack. The software is used to removed malware from the Windows
Sockets manager.

Did you read the following ?
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.txt

--