installing right-to-left function in win98 or office

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

My Computer specification:
Laptop Panasonic Model No. CF-S22 (Purchased on 2000)
GenuineIntel Pentium[r] Processor Intel MMX(TM) Technology RAM: 95 Mb OS:
Windows 98, 4.10.1998, RAM: 95.0 Mb, Japanese Ver.
BIOS Ver.: V100L12

I want to view (& if possible type) a right-to-left language (Farsi or
Persian, national language of Iran) in Word, Access and Excel.

I know I can do it easily in Win 2000 or WinXP but I can't change OS of my
laptop as it is old and out of capacity for such a big OS.

I would like to know wether this functionality is part of OS, that is I have
to install a software into my OS, or it has something to do inside office
programs.
In the market there are some softwares called "Persianize" which blame to
make the computer able to type Farsi but I think they are adding only 4
characters to Arabic vresion of Windows, as Farsi language has 28 characters
in comman with Arabic language and only 4 more characters.

I could see the right-to-left icon in view/tool bars/user setting in word
but I can't bring it to the menu bar (a cross icon appears upon dragging it)

Before trying something blind which may harm the computer I would like to be
sure.
Any help or comment is highly appreciated

--
Very Truly Yours
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

See
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/ime/default.asp
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Rasoul Khoshravan Azar wrote:
> My Computer specification:
> Laptop Panasonic Model No. CF-S22 (Purchased on 2000)
> GenuineIntel Pentium[r] Processor Intel MMX(TM) Technology RAM: 95 Mb OS:
> Windows 98, 4.10.1998, RAM: 95.0 Mb, Japanese Ver.
> BIOS Ver.: V100L12
>
> I want to view (& if possible type) a right-to-left language (Farsi or
> Persian, national language of Iran) in Word, Access and Excel.
>
> I know I can do it easily in Win 2000 or WinXP but I can't change OS of my
> laptop as it is old and out of capacity for such a big OS.
>
> I would like to know wether this functionality is part of OS, that is I
> have
> to install a software into my OS, or it has something to do inside office
> programs.
> In the market there are some softwares called "Persianize" which blame to
> make the computer able to type Farsi but I think they are adding only 4
> characters to Arabic vresion of Windows, as Farsi language has 28
> characters
> in comman with Arabic language and only 4 more characters.
>
> I could see the right-to-left icon in view/tool bars/user setting in word
> but I can't bring it to the menu bar (a cross icon appears upon dragging
> it)
>
> Before trying something blind which may harm the computer I would like to
> be
> sure.
> Any help or comment is highly appreciated

TRENDING THREADS