Will my Asus A8V work with VapoChill Micro Ultra Low Noise?

Yarget

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
Hello everybody?

I'm considring to buy this air-cooler: VapoChill Micro Ultra Low Noise. My motherboard is Asus A8V (Socket 939) with the following chipset: VIA K8T800Pro. I just read that the VapoChill cooler works on Socket 939 platforms but not on VIA Platforms. Ahother place I read that among the Socket 939 Motherboards it's only the ones from Gigabyte that don't fit with this cooler. I am quite confused, doers anyone know if my Asus A8V will work with the VapoChill cooler? Any help is much appreaciated.

Best regards
Per

desilver

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Usually it is best to go to the manufacturers web site and find the compatability chart or email them via contact on the web page.

We assume this is for the CPU. :D

Failing that, the usual reason a cooling solution will not work is purely physical.
If I remember the AUSU A8V is a cluttered board.The North bridge is close.

All Athlon64 processors have the memory controller built into the processor, yet the VIA K8T800 Pro Northbridge still gets quite toasty during operation. The passive heatsink Asus slap onto the A8V should be fine for regular use, but I'd recommend overclockers in the crowd get an active heatsink for this puppy. Speaking of which, let's look a little closer at the VIA K8T800 Pro chipset.

be certain that the North bridge has enough to keep it cool with your cooling solution.oTHERWISE .... :oops: oops.....

desilver

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
asetek's VapoChill Micro CPU cooler comes packaged in a snap-shut blister package. The front of the package highlights some of CPU cooler's main features like its ability to remove 150W of heat. :p

The unit is compact and should work on any CPU. It is 139 mm high.
If you have a SSF case then measure with care as this is a high heatsink.
You will not have any problems with the components around the board
due to its tall slim construction. Look ast the review :arrow:

http://www.atruereview.com/asetek_vapchill_micro/index.php

Heatsink
Dimensions (HxWxD): 139x103x85mm (including fan)
Cooler Material: Pure cooler base and tubing
Weight 355g (including fan)
Application: ATX midi/tower cases
Fan control unit: 6-12V (1-24W)
Fan
Dimensions (HxWxD): 92x92x25mm
Rated Voltage: 12VDC
Connector: 3-pin
Life Expectancy: min. 50,000 hours 8)