MDAC 2.7 on Win98

I have been using an app that uses MDAC 2.5 on a Win98 system for years. I
upgraded to MDAC 2.7 and I lost all MDAC services including MDAC 2.5. I
tried re-installing MDAC 2.7, nothing... I used and old version of comcheck
with /D and uninstalled MDAC 2.5. MDAC 2.7 still didn't work. Re-installed
MDAC 2.5. All MDAC 2.5 services now work. The new program the uses MDAC 2.7
will open recordsets. The calls are apparently compatible with MDAC 2.5.
But, when I attempt to use adoCommand object from the app using MDAC 2.7 the
program fails with an error "... not supported"

How can I resurrect MDAC 2.7 on the fly. The new comcheck does not supply a
repair or uninstall facility as the MDAC 2.5 compatible one does. I don't
want to have to reformat the harddrive and start over.

Best regards,
John

"=?Utf-8?B?SldIMzUzNQ==?=" <JWH3535@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have been using an app that uses MDAC 2.5 on a Win98 system for years.
> I upgraded to MDAC 2.7 and I lost all MDAC services including MDAC 2.5.
> I tried re-installing MDAC 2.7, nothing... I used and old version of
> comcheck with /D and uninstalled MDAC 2.5. MDAC 2.7 still didn't work.
> Re-installed MDAC 2.5. All MDAC 2.5 services now work. The new program
> the uses MDAC 2.7 will open recordsets. The calls are apparently
> compatible with MDAC 2.5. But, when I attempt to use adoCommand object
> from the app using MDAC 2.7 the program fails with an error "... not
> supported"
>
> How can I resurrect MDAC 2.7 on the fly. The new comcheck does not
> supply a repair or uninstall facility as the MDAC 2.5 compatible one
> does. I don't want to have to reformat the harddrive and start over.
>
> Best regards,
> John

This may help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/downloads/default.aspx