Best GFX card?

Hi,

I have fs9 on a 512Mb P4 3.2Ghz currently on Nvidia 9200

Obviously things are not all maxed out. What GFX card represents a good
value for money purchase and allows max out on all graphics sliders?
3 answers Last reply
More about best card

    "Philip" <prolt@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have fs9 on a 512Mb P4 3.2Ghz currently on Nvidia 9200
    >
    > Obviously things are not all maxed out. What GFX card represents a good
    > value for money purchase and allows max out on all graphics sliders?

    No card will let you max out all sliders. Did you mean you have a Radeon
    9200? An Nvidia 6600GT is probably the best bang for buck card I can think
    of and another 512Mb of ram will help a lot too.

    Bryan

    > No card will let you max out all sliders. Did you mean you have a Radeon
    > 9200? An Nvidia 6600GT is probably the best bang for buck card I can think
    > of and another 512Mb of ram will help a lot too.
    >

    > Bryan

    I purchased an ATI Radeon 9550 256MB card for around $145 at Best Buy, works
    like a charm. Them nVidia cards need a power plug or a major fan to keep
    running well, this ATI just has a heat sink (much quieter!).

    Go with the ATI brand, that's what I would do. I have my settings on HIGH
    and it's a nice flight. Also anti-aliasing is at 8X so when I'm in the 3D
    cockpit it's real nice to look at.

    2992

    "2992" <nope@no_one.com> wrote in message

    >> No card will let you max out all sliders. Did you mean you have a Radeon
    >> 9200? An Nvidia 6600GT is probably the best bang for buck card I can
    >> think of and another 512Mb of ram will help a lot too.
    >>

    >> Bryan
    >
    > I purchased an ATI Radeon 9550 256MB card for around $145 at Best Buy,
    > works like a charm. Them nVidia cards need a power plug or a major fan to
    > keep running well, this ATI just has a heat sink (much quieter!).
    >
    > Go with the ATI brand, that's what I would do. I have my settings on HIGH
    > and it's a nice flight. Also anti-aliasing is at 8X so when I'm in the 3D
    > cockpit it's real nice to look at.
    >
    > 2992

    Is that US dollars?
    I got a 6600GT for the 2nd tower and I cant really tell the difference
    between it and the 6800GT next to it,though my only test was using the same
    flight on both puters and setting fps to unlimited.The 6800 went about
    180fps and the 6600 ran about 160fps for half the cost so the value is
    definitely there.I just did a flight over Switzerland with both connected to
    the same server (makes landings VERY interesting if the planes are a bit
    close together) and I couldnt see any difference in the scenery (Swiss pro).
    I've never had an ATI card so I know nothing about them.

    Bryan

Microsoft Video Games