A8N-SLI/nVidia nForce 4 drivers?

thranathiril

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
OK, how do I check which version driver my nVidia chipset is using? I want to update the BIOS on my A8N-SLI mobo, but think I need to check which chipset drivers I am using first.

With all the other hardware on my new machine, it is fairly straightforward to go into Device Manager and check which driver version I am using - but how is the mobo chipset labelled in Device Mangaer? Or is this something I have to check in DOS at start up?

Thanks for all help.

Thranathiril

pat

Expert
OK, how do I check which version driver my nVidia chipset is using? I want to update the BIOS on my A8N-SLI mobo, but think I need to check which chipset drivers I am using first.

With all the other hardware on my new machine, it is fairly straightforward to go into Device Manager and check which driver version I am using - but how is the mobo chipset labelled in Device Mangaer? Or is this something I have to check in DOS at start up?

Thanks for all help.

Thranathiril

I don't know what is so hard to figure, but your motherboard has nvidia nforce4 chipset, and it happen that nvidia web site has nforce4 chipset drivers for download!!!

Bingo!

purersaga

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
Which drivers should i d/l from their website? I have the a8n-sli premium and im not sure if i should get the nforce 4 amd driver or the nforce 4 intel/amd x16 driver.

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Well, then you should go to the ASUS official web site, look for your mobo, see what chipset it has (I think it is nForce4 SLI, not X16), return to NVidia website, and download the appropiate drivers...
That's all! :D

boriquamn

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

I went to the nvidia website and could not locate nForce 4 SLI chipset drivers for downloading. Actually did a search and it returns not found. Any other help you can offer is appreciated. Tks