a MUST-HAVE add-on is coming! (first screenshots)

check out first screenshots here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1

enjoy!

Cole
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

    "Cole Turner"
    > http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1

    Ok.. so I'm impressed. These are textures?... What exactly is this
    product? Is it for the whole world?

    Dallas

    When, if, it covers Aus, then maybe.

    "Cole Turner" <cole@nospam> wrote in message
    > check out first screenshots here:
    >
    > http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1
    >
    > enjoy!
    >
    > Cole
    > --
    > "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    > (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

    .... there came a great "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com>
    flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >"Cole Turner"
    >> http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1
    >
    >Ok.. so I'm impressed. These are textures?... What exactly is this
    >product? Is it for the whole world?
    >

    >Dallas

    Hi Dallas, it's mainly ground texture replacement, but also nice
    "little" things, like new runway textures and water!

    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

    Hi Cole,

    Hey, great to see you posting again, mate. :-)

    Having read your linked thread, it sounds like it will be quite some
    time before the entire planet is done.

    For those who are prepared to wait, are you contemplating releasing the
    whole shebang on a "one shot install" DVD, and is it going to be necessary
    to buy USA Roads, FSGenesis Mesh/Landclass, etc, as they then currently
    stand, to get the best end result?

    Regards,
    John Ward

    .... there came a great "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au>
    flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >Hi Cole,
    >
    > Hey, great to see you posting again, mate. :-)

    thanks :))))))

    > Having read your linked thread, it sounds like it will be quite some
    >time before the entire planet is done.

    true! but the US are nearing completion!

    > For those who are prepared to wait, are you contemplating releasing the
    >whole shebang on a "one shot install" DVD, and is it going to be necessary
    >to buy USA Roads, FSGenesis Mesh/Landclass, etc, as they then currently
    >stand, to get the best end result?

    well, not NECESSARY, the textures replace the default ones, but the
    other add-ons you mentioned are highly recommended of course!

    imho to get the best eye-candy you should have:

    - FSGenesis mesh
    - Ultimate Terrain USA (for roads, rivers, lakes, coastlines)
    - FSGenesis / UT USA combined landclass
    - NuRoads 2.0 (2.1. coming soon!) for realistic roads (needed if UT
    USA is used)
    - Flight1 Flight Environment OR Active Sky 5 (matter of taste)
    - Birds Eye View replacement ground textures

    LET ME EMPHASIZE: I am not payed by Bird's Eye View, I only joined the
    beta team because - like many others - my jaw hit the floor when I
    first saw that beauty!

    about the release: since it will take a while, I would guess that
    there won't be a DVD at first. Probably a download version from
    Flight1.

    But the official website with details, screenshots and videos will be
    up very soon.

    Cole ***
    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

    Wrap all those up in a nice set of easy-to-install cd's and you have a sale,
    m'boy : )

    Arthur

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:17:48 +0200, Cole Turner wrote:

    > check out first screenshots here:
    >
    > http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1

    You've just flabbered my gaster, Cole!
    That's an incredible product and well worth what every kind of pricetag
    will come with it.

    I can't believe someone actually had the nerve to ask if it was freeware.
    :-))

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

    "Cole Turner"
    > I only joined the beta team because -
    > my jaw hit the floor when I
    > first saw that beauty!

    And you get a free copy...

    :-)

    I'd be excited, except I hardly ever fly in the United States.

    Dallas

    > check out first screenshots here:
    >
    > http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1
    >
    > enjoy!
    >
    > Cole
    > --
    > "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    > (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

    That looks incredible, any word when the UK will have this level of detail?
    I'll still buy this though.

    Colin

    Cole Turner wrote:
    > check out first screenshots here:
    >
    > http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1
    >
    > enjoy!
    >
    > Cole

    Sigh...This is really spectacular, but I have despaired in trying to
    keep my set up updated with the latest and greatest. It seems I spend
    most of my free time updating and tweaking my computer. Gets to the
    point where I have no life.

    I need to be a rich person so I could hire my own "personal computer
    manager" and have him/her maintain and download everything for me.
    Would be nice.

    John

    Dallas wrote:
    > "Cole Turner"
    >
    >>I only joined the beta team because -
    >> my jaw hit the floor when I
    >>first saw that beauty!
    >

    > And you get a free copy...
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > I'd be excited, except I hardly ever fly in the United States.
    >
    > Dallas

    Where do you fly, just out of curiosity. (With a name like Dallas, I'd
    figure in Texas a lot..... ;-)

    John

    .... there came a great "Colin"
    <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> flying, and he bore
    tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >That looks incredible, any word when the UK will have this level of detail?
    >I'll still buy this though.

    thanks a lot!

    plans are first to release North America, summer.

    I would guess Europe summer will be next, but I have to check with the
    power-that-be!

    in a few days we will know more!
    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

    "The Man Behind The Curtain"
    > Where do you fly, just out of curiosity. (With a name like Dallas, I'd
    > figure in Texas a lot..... ;-)

    Thanks for asking. :-)

    French Polynesia, Caribbean, Bahamas... to the point that I'm bored with
    them now.

    Last flight was from Wanigela (WGI) New Guinea to a grass strip in Mora
    (AYMR) New Guinea. I strongly recommend the experience. The FS9's default
    New Guinea is actually very good, the mountains are 14,000 feet and the
    weather is alway interesting. Take oxygen.

    If nothing else go to (Mora AYMR) just to look around for a minute...
    you'll see what I mean.

    Dallas

    > Dallas wrote:
    >
    >> "Cole Turner"
    >>
    >>> I only joined the beta team because -
    >>> my jaw hit the floor when I
    >>> first saw that beauty!
    >>

    >> And you get a free copy...
    >>
    >> :-)
    >>
    >> I'd be excited, except I hardly ever fly in the United States.
    >>
    >> Dallas

    Probably a stupid question, but what am I looking at? What does it look
    like at 200 feet? I mean, when you have all the add-ons mentioned that
    are recommended to use with this, you already have this. I don't know
    how high the aircraft in the picture is flying but it's much higher than
    I fly VFR. If I would see terrain like this at 500 feet with *just*
    this add-on, I'd pay a lot. :)

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    boB wrote:

    >> Dallas wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Cole Turner"

    >>> And you get a free copy...
    >>>
    >>> :-)
    >>>
    >>> I'd be excited, except I hardly ever fly in the United States.
    >>>
    >>> Dallas
    >>

    > Probably a stupid question, but what am I looking at? What does it look
    > like at 200 feet? I mean, when you have all the add-ons mentioned that
    > are recommended to use with this, you already have this. I don't know
    > how high the aircraft in the picture is flying but it's much higher than
    > I fly VFR. If I would see terrain like this at 500 feet with *just*
    > this add-on, I'd pay a lot. :)

    Good point. I too thought the screenshots looked nice, but nothing
    nicer than I've seen before.

    John

    Dallas wrote:
    > "The Man Behind The Curtain"
    >
    >>Where do you fly, just out of curiosity. (With a name like Dallas, I'd
    >>figure in Texas a lot..... ;-)
    >

    > Thanks for asking. :-)
    >
    > French Polynesia, Caribbean, Bahamas... to the point that I'm bored with
    > them now.

    You must have a lot of Bill Melichar's add-on airports. He makes a lot
    for some of those regions, if I recall. He does awesome work.

    Any special reason you fly where you do? (I basically fly the most
    around places I live near or used to live near or know, though
    occasionally I strke out and do something different.)

    John

    "The Man Behind The Curtain"
    > > French Polynesia, Caribbean, Bahamas... >
    > Any special reason you fly where you do?

    Interesting question.

    If you got the chance to come back and be a professional pilot in your next
    life, where would you want to wake up and fly every day of your life? Would
    you want to fly to Oklahoma City or Bora Bora? I guess I like the "Bush
    Pilot" thing a lot... like something out of an old black and white movie
    before the crowded skies and all the controlled airspace. Flying some place
    like New Guinea presents huge challenges like few Navaids, wicked weather,
    wicked terrain and interesting scenery.

    I know you like to fly the heavy iron but why not try some place weird.
    I've found the scenery in the western mountains of Iran to be very
    interesting. Flying from there to Tehran in the winter is a beautiful
    flight even with just the default scenery.

    > > You must have a lot of Bill Melichar's add-on airports.

    Sure, I've got them all I think. But I wish someone would do for French
    Polynesia what Holger Sandman did for Misty Fjords.

    Dallas
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    just so you know this is not some backyard school-project:

    we got Frank Bergson (NuRoads) and Holger Sandman (Misty Fjords) on
    the team and are still working on expanding it ... :P

    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    .... there came a great boB <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> flying, and
    he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >Probably a stupid question, but what am I looking at? What does it look
    >like at 200 feet? I mean, when you have all the add-ons mentioned that
    >are recommended to use with this, you already have this. I don't know
    >how high the aircraft in the picture is flying but it's much higher than
    >I fly VFR. If I would see terrain like this at 500 feet with *just*
    >this add-on, I'd pay a lot. :)

    check out the thread mentioned in the UT USA forum by Spidious on page
    2 - he got all the other add-ons mentioned, but NOT the textures.
    :))))))

    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > boB
    > >Probably a stupid question, but what am I looking at?

    I can see the difference and I think it's pretty remarkable. They've
    somehow make landclass textures look like satellite scenery.

    I see the plan is to break it up in to "seasons"... I guess that means you
    have to purchase it 4 times to get all the seasons. :-(

    Dallas
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    our 2nd in command just put up two demo-videos:

    http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/videos/Squamish.mpg

    http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/videos/GrandCanyon.mpg

    enjoy!
    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Cole Turner wrote:
    > our 2nd in command just put up two demo-videos:

    Tell #2 his videos would be much more informative if:

    a. go to a larger format
    b. change time of day so you can see something besides shawdows flashing
    by - a little contrast is nice, but on my system it's too dark to see what I
    want/expect to see in a texture demo.
    c. personally, in this application, I don't care what he's flying, or if
    he's qualified for aerobatics, half the time is spent trying to stay
    oriented with the scenery, which is going by too fast anyway, or looking at
    his airplane. Layoff the wild spot view swings and zooms if he/she wants
    someone to actually SEE the textures. Charter boB to make a nice relaxing
    chopper flight through the canyon, he knows all the best places!

    I only looked at the Grand Canyon, and bailed out half way
    through...........
    Some of the stills are quite impressive however - but some before/after of
    identical scenes would be the coup de grace!!!

    Just my two bits worth (before taxes)..
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    .... there came a great "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com>
    flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >I can see the difference and I think it's pretty remarkable. They've
    >somehow make landclass textures look like satellite scenery.

    exactly, sort of "photo-like" scenery for all the world!

    >I see the plan is to break it up in to "seasons"... I guess that means you
    >have to purchase it 4 times to get all the seasons. :-(

    true, but this is not to make extra-bucks, there will be the option of
    a membership, or something similar, to get all at a discount (like
    Justin Tyme's galaxy membership)

    creating those textures and comparing till they're perfect takes
    loooong - hence we can't release all at once! They have to be done
    first :)

    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi TMBTC,

    The Varmit takes a vacation, to those areas, ~ every other fortnight, so
    I guess that's partly why he likes to fly there.

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
    > Dallas wrote:
    >> "The Man Behind The Curtain"
    >>
    >>>Where do you fly, just out of curiosity. (With a name like Dallas, I'd
    >>>figure in Texas a lot..... ;-)
    >>

    >> Thanks for asking. :-)
    >>
    >> French Polynesia, Caribbean, Bahamas... to the point that I'm bored with
    >> them now.
    >
    > You must have a lot of Bill Melichar's add-on airports. He makes a lot
    > for some of those regions, if I recall. He does awesome work.
    >
    > Any special reason you fly where you do? (I basically fly the most around
    > places I live near or used to live near or know, though occasionally I
    > strke out and do something different.)
    >

    > John
    >
    > --
    >

    > Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "John Ward"
    > The Varmit takes a vacation, to those areas, ~ every other fortnight,
    so
    > I guess that's partly why he likes to fly there.

    That too sir, is correct. :-)

    Danger Puppy
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi TMBTC,

    And (if you really wanted to make sure they earned their money), keep
    your Hardware cutting edge, too!!

    > Cole Turner wrote:
    >> check out first screenshots here:
    >>
    >> http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811&PN=1
    >>
    >> enjoy!
    >>
    >> Cole
    >
    > Sigh...This is really spectacular, but I have despaired in trying to keep
    > my set up updated with the latest and greatest. It seems I spend most of
    > my free time updating and tweaking my computer. Gets to the point where I
    > have no life.
    >
    > I need to be a rich person so I could hire my own "personal computer
    > manager" and have him/her maintain and download everything for me. Would
    > be nice.
    >

    > John
    >
    > --
    >

    > Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Varmit,

    Mum and Dad spent a few years in New Guinea just after WWII.

    Dad, a Chartered Electrical Engineer, was in charge of setting up the
    electricity distribution industry, and getting it operating.

    My older sister Barbara was the first white baby born on Manus Island.

    At Anglesea, we still have some coffee tables which were made by the
    senior Japanese prisoners, who were all subsequently executed.

    One of my childhood memories is meeting Guakalok, Mum and Dad's
    houseboy, who they brought to Melbourne as a treat for him.

    They knew Errol Flynn there.

    My best mate and I are going to walk the Kakoda Trail. We were going to
    do it this year, but due to family reasons, we've deferred it to next year.
    Those poor bastards, doing it all those years ago, and under fire too!! No
    Aeroguard, fancy clothing, regular meals, etc, etc, in those times. And the
    same goes for the Japanese

    Will I be forgetting the Aeroguard - strewth no!! I've heard their
    mozzies are even bigger than ours, and many more of them carry the Ross
    River virus.....

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "The Man Behind The Curtain"
    >> Where do you fly, just out of curiosity. (With a name like Dallas, I'd
    >> figure in Texas a lot..... ;-)
    >
    > Thanks for asking. :-)
    >
    > French Polynesia, Caribbean, Bahamas... to the point that I'm bored with
    > them now.
    >
    > Last flight was from Wanigela (WGI) New Guinea to a grass strip in Mora
    > (AYMR) New Guinea. I strongly recommend the experience. The FS9's
    > default
    > New Guinea is actually very good, the mountains are 14,000 feet and the
    > weather is alway interesting. Take oxygen.
    >
    > If nothing else go to (Mora AYMR) just to look around for a minute...
    > you'll see what I mean.
    >
    > Dallas

  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    ok, here some sort of beta-pre-sales-faq from the powers-that-be:

    Release date sooon (Oct 1st for North America with Europe to follow
    shortly (about 30 days after)

    Summer for certain, Spring hopefully

    NorthAmer ica First (with textures effecting every nation), Europe
    second, South America, ASIA, Oceanic,Africa, Middle East, Russia,
    China, Mexico... not necessari ly in that order.

    Downloads only....r eally shouldn't be more than 10 - 15 megs per
    download (distribut ion more than likely through Flight1)

    Price - to be determine d (between $14 - $16.75 per download) We more
    than likely will have a 15 day Introduct ory Sale

    Strongly consideri ng a 10-15% discount for those who have purchased a
    volume when they purchase future volumes. So when someone purchases an
    initial set for themselve s (doesn't matter which volume they purchase
    they'll get a 10-15% discount on any future volume purchased .
    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    .... there came a great "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> flying, and
    he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >Tell #2 his videos would be much more informative if:
    >
    >a. go to a larger format
    >b. change time of day so you can see something besides shawdows flashing
    >by - a little contrast is nice, but on my system it's too dark to see what I
    >want/expect to see in a texture demo.
    >c. personally, in this application, I don't care what he's flying, or if
    >he's qualified for aerobatics, half the time is spent trying to stay
    >oriented with the scenery, which is going by too fast anyway, or looking at
    >his airplane. Layoff the wild spot view swings and zooms if he/she wants
    >someone to actually SEE the textures. Charter boB to make a nice relaxing
    >chopper flight through the canyon, he knows all the best places!
    >
    >I only looked at the Grand Canyon, and bailed out half way
    >through...........
    >Some of the stills are quite impressive however - but some before/after of
    >identical scenes would be the coup de grace!!!
    >
    >Just my two bits worth (before taxes)..

    done! :) thanks for the input!!!!
    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    .... there came a great "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com>
    flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >And you get a free copy...

    for an estimated time of about 10 hours a week times about 4.3 weeks a
    month times several (?) months of:
    testing, copying, comparing, installing, removing, renaming, making
    screenshots, making videos, uploading, discussing, etc...
    I think every beta tester of this product deserves a free copy,
    wouldn't you say? ;)

    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    the site is LIVE now:

    http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/

    join the forum and you guys can still influence the product - final
    adjustments are possible!

    Cole ***
    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

Games Microsoft Video Games