iPAQ H1915 and USB pendrive?

October 29, 2004 1:01:16 AM

First of all, if this is not a proper newsgroup for my question,
I would appreciate if someone redirected me to a more relevant one.

I have iPAQ H1915 and USB memory stick (pendrive). Is there a way
to connect them, so that the pendrive worked like SD card?

At http://www.phm.lu/pocketpc/Articles/SCSI/, there is a description
about how to connect PocketPC to SCSI drive, so I assume connecting
USB drive is technically possible.

Regards,
Peter
October 29, 2004 2:59:18 AM

Your PDA needs to act as a USB host to connect any USB device to it -
and only the current gen of PDAs have this ability. The higher end ones
do it, but even then sometimes only USB keyboards are supported.

Once you get the USB host thing sorted out, you still need a driver for
your device. I am not sure that WM 2003 has mass storage device drivers
built into it or not. I will let you know when my Toshiba e830 usb host
cable arrives... :-)

!