windows based pbx?

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 19, 2004 3:01:52 PM

hello does any one know of any open source windows based pbx? I have
messed around with asterisk on linux but don't like it to well cause
it don't have a gui interface. any help is greatly appreciated thanks
hank

More about : windows based pbx

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 7:42:55 PM

What are your needs?

"hank" <hank@hanksmith.net> wrote in message
> hello does any one know of any open source windows based pbx? I have
> messed around with asterisk on linux but don't like it to well cause
> it don't have a gui interface. any help is greatly appreciated thanks
> hank
October 21, 2004 3:38:00 AM

hank napisa³(a):

[...]

You mean: asterisk on windows. Is possible, try seek
this by google.

R,
--

Êmail: http://%77%77%77%2E%74%69%6E%79%2E%70%6C/ctw
MyGG: 567.07.07

just something I can run for home use. not for business use. thanks hank
October 21, 2004 4:36:36 PM

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:38:00 +0200, 567.07.07 wrote:

> hank napisaù(a):
>
> [...]
>
> You mean: asterisk on windows. Is possible, try seek
> this by google.
>
> R,

He may search for it with Google but there is no way he can find such a
thing.
The only available Asterisk on windows (AstWind from N2Net) can only be
used as a Voice over IP application; and btw you can run Asterisk on
windows but itÿs not based on windows.
;-)
October 23, 2004 3:53:53 AM

 I also can't navigate the command interface with my screen reader.
that is why I prefer gui interfaces as a blind computer with a screen
reader gui interfaces
work alot better and also you have to run astwind via a dos prompt and
dos promt or in xp there known as command prompts and my screen reader
don't work
well togeather. thanks hank
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 6:25:34 AM

Your best options for a home use ip-pbx to run on windows are:

1. Brekeke Ondo - sip server (free for home use) and ip-pbx (1 month
trial, 10 user lisence relatvely cheap). You can use ip phones such as
the cisco 7960, etc and softphone such as the x-ten.

2. Ahead SIPSTARR ip pbx - trial download for free, you can use their
SIPPS client trial download softphone and buy it for EUR 19 each,
though not too much support for ip phones.

3. SNOM4S - trial download available, support for both softphones and
ip phones.

4. mysip.ch from Siemens has some software but I have not been able to
take a close look at it.

I think that this should give you some alternatives. The Brekeke ondo
sip server and ip pxs are configured with explorer, so relatively easy
to maintain and has a good support site in case you have configuration
problems.

I hope this helps, let me know if you require additional input.

Rgds
Jeroen
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 8:13:57 AM

> 1. Brekeke Ondo - sip server (free for home use) and ip-pbx (1 month
> trial, 10 user lisence relatvely cheap). You can use ip phones such as
> the cisco 7960, etc and softphone such as the x-ten.

Recently, 'Brekeke OnDO PBX'
(http://www.brekeke.com/en/products/pbx_en.html) changed its capacity.
The latest version of it offers 40 user capacity.

I use OnDO PBX and SIP Server for connecting voice providers.
also I can make a call between behind NATs by this system.

--
pochi
http://forums.speedguide.net