System Intermently Hangs

My PII intermently hangs about every minute or so... When I CTRL-ALT-DEL, I
see that MSGSRV32 is not respnding. Also, I notice that CPU usage spikes to
close to 100%. This problem started to occur after I installed Norton
Antivirus 2005 to replace NAV 2002. Even after uninstalling NAV 2005, the
problem still exists. I have scanned to viruses, etc and while everthing
appears to be clean, the problem just won't go away! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

CDUB
3 answers Last reply
More about system intermently hangs

    You've already asked this in Windows 98 General Discussion ! You should
    cross-post, not post separate questions - of the same question, to different
    NG's !

    regards, Richard

    "CDUB" <CDUB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My PII intermently hangs about every minute or so... When I CTRL-ALT-DEL,
    > see that MSGSRV32 is not respnding. Also, I notice that CPU usage spikes
    > close to 100%. This problem started to occur after I installed Norton
    > Antivirus 2005 to replace NAV 2002. Even after uninstalling NAV 2005, the
    > problem still exists. I have scanned to viruses, etc and while everthing
    > appears to be clean, the problem just won't go away! Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > CDUB

    .....oops, I mean why post the same question again - the convention in NG's
    is to wait 24 hours for a response !

    regards, Richard

    "CDUB" <CDUB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My PII intermently hangs about every minute or so... When I CTRL-ALT-DEL,
    > see that MSGSRV32 is not respnding. Also, I notice that CPU usage spikes
    > close to 100%. This problem started to occur after I installed Norton
    > Antivirus 2005 to replace NAV 2002. Even after uninstalling NAV 2005, the
    > problem still exists. I have scanned to viruses, etc and while everthing
    > appears to be clean, the problem just won't go away! Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > CDUB

    "CDUB" <CDUB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My PII intermently hangs about every minute or so... When I CTRL-ALT-DEL, I
    > see that MSGSRV32 is not respnding. Also, I notice that CPU usage spikes to
    > close to 100%. This problem started to occur after I installed Norton
    > Antivirus 2005 to replace NAV 2002. Even after uninstalling NAV 2005, the
    > problem still exists. I have scanned to viruses, etc and while everthing
    > appears to be clean, the problem just won't go away! Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > CDUB
    Try going to the Symantec website for instructions on 'how-to' completely remove
    Norton 2005.
    Then if you have the same problems, report back.
    Perhaps you could try a free online virus scan.
    Have you checked your PC for spyware and adaware yet with such freeware as
    SpyBot and AdAware?
    Try Google or another search engine for reasons why "MSGSSRV32 is not
    responding" hits.

Microsoft Windows