"Power Meter"

Very infrequently, usually after a crash or unsmooth software installation, I
get a popup window at Windows startup that says:

----------------------------
Power Meter
Show meter on taskbar

Power status
----------------------------

I always close the window. Is this popup window anything to get excited (or
worried) about? And what causes it? (The PC this happens on is a desktop PC.)

"asur" <asur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Very infrequently, usually after a crash or unsmooth software
installation, I
> get a popup window at Windows startup that says:
>
> ----------------------------
> Power Meter
> Show meter on taskbar
>
> Power status
> ----------------------------
>
> I always close the window. Is this popup window anything to get excited
(or
> worried) about? And what causes it? (The PC this happens on is a desktop
PC.)

You need to know the name of the EXEcutable
that loads this app, so as to prevent it loadiing ---
done via MSINFO32.EXE or MSCONFIG or
just Ctl Alt Del.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Power Management applet > Advanced tab.
Make sure "Always show icon on taskbar" is unchecked.
Apply > Ok out.

If it is already unchecked, try checking it > Apply, unchecking > Apply > Ok.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }