Printing Problem - Spool or que too samll?

I want to print a significant number of separate documents in a certain
order, but I can only spool or que about 10 documents before it just
stops printing. I believe the que or spool is too small to handle all of
the documents. How do I make it larger if there is a way to do so? If
not, is there freeware out there that will hangle the sequential
printing of 20 or more documents in a row?

Thx,
Tevibear

See if these help.

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Printing Problems in Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows
Millennium Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;128345

The Ultimate Windows Spool32 FAQ
http://www.starkreality.com/~callen/spool32.htm

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"Tevibear" <Tevi1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to print a significant number of separate documents in a certain
> order, but I can only spool or que about 10 documents before it just
> stops printing. I believe the que or spool is too small to handle all of
> the documents. How do I make it larger if there is a way to do so? If
> not, is there freeware out there that will hangle the sequential
> printing of 20 or more documents in a row?
>
> Thx,
> Tevibear

Hi Tevi! Haven't seen you around since we both used to hang out in the Win95
groups. :)

I am not sure what the answer to your question is, and while I would usually suggest
posting in the microsoft.public.win98.printing group, I don't think there is much
traffic there these days. I am not aware of a particular size limit on the print
queue, in terms of number of jobs that can be queued; but it may be related to the
size of the files being printed, the free space available on the drive where the
print spool is located, or the amount of printer memory and/or system memory. The
application being used to do the printing may also have a bearing....for example,
printing from Word may have its own set of separate problems and solutions.
Installing the most recent driver for the printer, from the manufacturer's web site,
is important also.

Any info on those points might help.....the size of the files being printed, the
location of the folder the printer is using for its temporary files (usually a
setting found somewhere in the printer's property sheets), the free space on the
drive where the spooler folder is located (should be \Windows\spool, a hidden
folder), and so forth.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm