Printing Problem - Spool or que too samll?

I want to print a significant number of separate documents in a certain
order, but I can only spool or que about 10 documents before it just
stops printing. I believe the que or spool is too small to handle all of
the documents. How do I make it larger if there is a way to do so? If
not, is there freeware out there that will hangle the sequential
printing of 20 or more documents in a row?

Thx,
Tevibear
2 answers Last reply
More about printing problem spool samll

    See if these help.

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot Printing Problems in Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows
    Millennium Edition
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;128345

    The Ultimate Windows Spool32 FAQ
    http://www.starkreality.com/~callen/spool32.htm

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "Tevibear" <Tevi1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I want to print a significant number of separate documents in a certain
    > order, but I can only spool or que about 10 documents before it just
    > stops printing. I believe the que or spool is too small to handle all of
    > the documents. How do I make it larger if there is a way to do so? If
    > not, is there freeware out there that will hangle the sequential
    > printing of 20 or more documents in a row?
    >
    > Thx,
    > Tevibear

    Hi Tevi! Haven't seen you around since we both used to hang out in the Win95
    groups. :-)

    I am not sure what the answer to your question is, and while I would usually suggest
    posting in the microsoft.public.win98.printing group, I don't think there is much
    traffic there these days. I am not aware of a particular size limit on the print
    queue, in terms of number of jobs that can be queued; but it may be related to the
    size of the files being printed, the free space available on the drive where the
    print spool is located, or the amount of printer memory and/or system memory. The
    application being used to do the printing may also have a bearing....for example,
    printing from Word may have its own set of separate problems and solutions.
    Installing the most recent driver for the printer, from the manufacturer's web site,
    is important also.

    Any info on those points might help.....the size of the files being printed, the
    location of the folder the printer is using for its temporary files (usually a
    setting found somewhere in the printer's property sheets), the free space on the
    drive where the spooler folder is located (should be \Windows\spool, a hidden
    folder), and so forth.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Tevibear" <Tevi1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I want to print a significant number of separate documents in a certain
    > order, but I can only spool or que about 10 documents before it just
    > stops printing. I believe the que or spool is too small to handle all of
    > the documents. How do I make it larger if there is a way to do so? If
    > not, is there freeware out there that will hangle the sequential
    > printing of 20 or more documents in a row?
    >
    > Thx,
    > Tevibear

Microsoft Windows