Gimpy

Set myself up as "user" on windows 98se IE/6. is there a way to get rid
of my name & go back to the way things were ? Yes, I tried going to
back & hitting on user, but just get form to add another person.... TIA
Gimpy

.....and "the way things were" is what exactly?

See if anything here addresses what you are trying to do:

How to Disable and Delete User Profiles
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=156826

User Profile Settings Do Not Seem to Be Maintained
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=198628

How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at Startup:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152104

No Windows or Network Logon Dialog Box at Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=141858
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm