Fs2004 Block my PC

Hi, after almost 2 year that i play with fs2004 i have this problem
While i flight no problem. If i go to the save screen or on the panel to
setup an ifr flight or in the screen for adjust add-on scenery. my PC Crash.
The system is blocked. You can just restart pc.
I have this problem only if i use the screen, no while flight.

Pc with win xp 1gb memory 20 gb free on hard disk. Mcafee antivirus +
firewall.
No one problem till now.

Thanks for help, Michele.
7 answers Last reply
More about fs2004 block

    Someone please jog my memory!!! I had almost the same thing and I was told
    to delete a complete directory that was installed when I installed AOL
    Instant messenger....... Or DAP the download program.

    That solved the problem. Sorry, its late and we've been out drinking.
    Can't remember what the program was.

    Mark G
    Not4wood

    "Michele Fornaciari" <yaskanet@libero.it> wrote in message
    > Hi, after almost 2 year that i play with fs2004 i have this problem
    > While i flight no problem. If i go to the save screen or on the panel to
    > setup an ifr flight or in the screen for adjust add-on scenery. my PC
    > Crash.
    > The system is blocked. You can just restart pc.
    > I have this problem only if i use the screen, no while flight.
    >
    > Pc with win xp 1gb memory 20 gb free on hard disk. Mcafee antivirus +
    > firewall.
    > No one problem till now.
    >
    > Thanks for help, Michele.

    Found it early this morning Hehe.

    Go in and delete the whole directory. I've tried AOL instant messenger and
    the DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) they both work without it.

    The directory is for: Viewpointmgr.exe

    Removing this will relieve several problems in FS9. Don't know why but it
    does. Including the worst of them all the Kneeboard crash to DT problem.

    Thank you, thank you very much. Hehe.

    Mark G
    Not4wood

    "Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Someone please jog my memory!!! I had almost the same thing and I was
    > told to delete a complete directory that was installed when I installed
    > AOL Instant messenger....... Or DAP the download program.
    >
    > That solved the problem. Sorry, its late and we've been out drinking.
    > Can't remember what the program was.
    >
    > Mark G
    > Not4wood
    >

    > "Michele Fornaciari" <yaskanet@libero.it> wrote in message
    >> Hi, after almost 2 year that i play with fs2004 i have this problem
    >> While i flight no problem. If i go to the save screen or on the panel to
    >> setup an ifr flight or in the screen for adjust add-on scenery. my PC
    >> Crash.
    >> The system is blocked. You can just restart pc.
    >> I have this problem only if i use the screen, no while flight.
    >>
    >> Pc with win xp 1gb memory 20 gb free on hard disk. Mcafee antivirus +
    >> firewall.
    >> No one problem till now.
    >>
    >> Thanks for help, Michele.

    .. Sorry, its late and we've been out drinking.

    3-5 years for you with the SWA pilots :-)

    Thanksss!!!

    "Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Found it early this morning Hehe.
    >
    > Go in and delete the whole directory. I've tried AOL instant messenger
    and
    > the DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) they both work without it.
    >
    > The directory is for: Viewpointmgr.exe
    >
    > Removing this will relieve several problems in FS9. Don't know why but it
    > does. Including the worst of them all the Kneeboard crash to DT problem.
    >
    > Thank you, thank you very much. Hehe.
    >

    > Mark G
    > Not4wood
    >
    > "Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > Someone please jog my memory!!! I had almost the same thing and I was
    > > told to delete a complete directory that was installed when I installed
    > > AOL Instant messenger....... Or DAP the download program.
    > >
    > > That solved the problem. Sorry, its late and we've been out drinking.
    > > Can't remember what the program was.
    > >
    > > Mark G
    > > Not4wood
    > >

    > > "Michele Fornaciari" <yaskanet@libero.it> wrote in message
    > >> Hi, after almost 2 year that i play with fs2004 i have this problem
    > >> While i flight no problem. If i go to the save screen or on the panel
    > >> setup an ifr flight or in the screen for adjust add-on scenery. my PC
    > >> Crash.
    > >> The system is blocked. You can just restart pc.
    > >> I have this problem only if i use the screen, no while flight.
    > >>
    > >> Pc with win xp 1gb memory 20 gb free on hard disk. Mcafee antivirus +
    > >> firewall.
    > >> No one problem till now.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for help, Michele.

    Did it work???

    As far as drinking, I didn't fly then (not like the real Bozo's Hehe) but on
    Sunday night friends of ours got Married and a bunch of us were drinking. I
    got caught up and we were doing shots in the conga line. Way too much
    sugar. I couldn't see the screen to get my email so I slept for a few now
    I'm up at 2:30AM (happy August) and not in the least bit tired. Gonna be a
    long day LOL.

    > Thanksss!!!
    >

    > "Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> Found it early this morning Hehe.
    >>
    >> Go in and delete the whole directory. I've tried AOL instant messenger
    > and
    >> the DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) they both work without it.
    >>
    >> The directory is for: Viewpointmgr.exe
    >>
    >> Removing this will relieve several problems in FS9. Don't know why but
    >> it
    >> does. Including the worst of them all the Kneeboard crash to DT problem.
    >>
    >> Thank you, thank you very much. Hehe.
    >>

    >> Mark G
    >> Not4wood
    >>
    >> "Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> > Someone please jog my memory!!! I had almost the same thing and I was
    >> > told to delete a complete directory that was installed when I installed
    >> > AOL Instant messenger....... Or DAP the download program.
    >> >
    >> > That solved the problem. Sorry, its late and we've been out drinking.
    >> > Can't remember what the program was.
    >> >
    >> > Mark G
    >> > Not4wood
    >> >

    >> > "Michele Fornaciari" <yaskanet@libero.it> wrote in message

    not working yet... :-(
    > Did it work???
    >
    > As far as drinking, I didn't fly then (not like the real Bozo's Hehe) but
    on
    > Sunday night friends of ours got Married and a bunch of us were drinking.
    > got caught up and we were doing shots in the conga line. Way too much
    > sugar. I couldn't see the screen to get my email so I slept for a few now
    > I'm up at 2:30AM (happy August) and not in the least bit tired. Gonna be
    > long day LOL.
    >
    > Not4wood
    >
    > "Michele Fornaciari" <yaskanet@libero.it> wrote in message
    > > Thanksss!!!
    > >

    > > "Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > >> Found it early this morning Hehe.
    > >>
    > >> Go in and delete the whole directory. I've tried AOL instant messenger
    > > and
    > >> the DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) they both work without it.
    > >>
    > >> The directory is for: Viewpointmgr.exe
    > >>
    > >> Removing this will relieve several problems in FS9. Don't know why but
    > >> it
    > >> does. Including the worst of them all the Kneeboard crash to DT
    problem.

    > >> Thank you, thank you very much. Hehe.
    > >>

    > >> Mark G
    > >> Not4wood
    > >>
    > >> "Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> wrote in message

    PC

    If you want to learn about Partition, Hard Disks, File systems and Data
    Recovery, Book "Data Recovery with & without Programming"

    You can see the contents of the book on following Link:

    http://www.DataDoctor.biz/author.htm

    Regards

    TT

Video Games