symbols(accents) on german or french letters causes "file ..

darkane

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005

i am on win98 SE arabic Enabled i think this problem will show up o any 98
machine that is enabled to a non latin language
file names with (accents) like in german or french or scandenavian letters
will not be deleted or copied or renamed "file system error 1026"
i know i can do it in DOS but i am greedy enough to ask if i can view the
latin letters again as they were in my english version of windows
is there an update for that?

Unfortunately, no. Windows 98 does not support multiple languages, if the
file cannot be manipulated from the language you have installed you'll have
to do it from DOS.

"Darkane" <darkane666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>i am on win98 SE arabic Enabled i think this problem will show up o any 98
> machine that is enabled to a non latin language
> file names with (accents) like in german or french or scandenavian letters
> will not be deleted or copied or renamed "file system error 1026"
> i know i can do it in DOS but i am greedy enough to ask if i can view the
> latin letters again as they were in my english version of windows
> is there an update for that?

darkane

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005

thanx for the reply i think i ll accept the drawback then and use win2000 on
another partition i ve always wanted to do that
thanx again