their Skype client software to connect to Skype client that's running on
that PC. Could anyone give me some pointers on what kind of
equipment/software do I need to

#1 auto answer the Skype call
#2 generate a ring on an analog trunk
#3 convert the sound between the soundcard output (44kHz stereo) and the
analog trunk (3.1 KHz mono)

BTW, I understand it's even more involved to make an outgoing call via
Skype from our PBX, but if someone had ever accomplished such feat, I
would love to hear about particulars! Please post your comments or
suggestions here.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

info_at_cabling-design_dot_com@foo.com (Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com)) writes:

>#1 auto answer the Skype call
>#2 generate a ring on an analog trunk
>#3 convert the sound between the soundcard output (44kHz stereo) and the
>analog trunk (3.1 KHz mono)

Gads! What is the allure of proprietary systems that entices people
to go through these contortions? Does Skype really offer anything
others don't (besides hassles)?

--kyler

Kyler Laird wrote:

> Gads! What is the allure of proprietary systems that entices people
> to go through these contortions? Does Skype really offer anything
> others don't (besides hassles)?

> --kyler

Umm... Cost? ;-) For outgoing connections we are already using Net2Phone,
terminated on the phone port of our Linksys router, works great. But for
incoming it will be great to have some way of using a system that does not
have monthly plan costs. Best I can think of would be Skype. If there are
alternatives, I would love to know about them.

One other thing is Skype's amazing call quality, I think I can appreciate
that. All other VoIP service providers I dealt with give you your 3.1KHz,
highly compressed, else they go out of business paying too much for
bandwidth to their providers. Skype, on the other hand, being a
peer-to-peer app can afford luxury of higher bandwidth, which accounts for
crystal clear sound that I like so much.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com
premises cabling users and pros
Residential Cabling Guide
-------------------------------------

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

Hi all

I am an awful story teller so I'll get right to the point.
If someone calls on a specific number, and is for a specific problem,
the Secretary can divert the call to someone else, but the tricky part
is to use a "Voice over IP" for inside company, but Incoming call will
be from a regular Phone.
I was thinking on using Skype for inside (with USB Phones), combined
maybe with some kind of "Phone Answering Software", but don't now how
that can be connected to something like a Skype, or even if this is
possible.
Besides "SkaypeIn" if possible.
To make it shorter, how can a VOIP application can be "combined" with
regular phone line.

Thanks

info_at_cabling-design_dot_com@foo.com (Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com)) writes:

>Umm... Cost? ;-) For outgoing connections we are already using Net2Phone,
>terminated on the phone port of our Linksys router, works great. But for
>incoming it will be great to have some way of using a system that does not
>have monthly plan costs. Best I can think of would be Skype. If there are
>alternatives, I would love to know about them.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP+Service+Providers

--kyler

On 10/21/04 00:32, Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com) wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to make it possible for a person outside US to call an extension on
> our PBX. We have a PC that can run Skype 24/7, so the person would use
> their Skype client software to connect to Skype client that's running on
> that PC. Could anyone give me some pointers on what kind of
> equipment/software do I need to
>
> #1 auto answer the Skype call
> #2 generate a ring on an analog trunk
> #3 convert the sound between the soundcard output (44kHz stereo) and the
> analog trunk (3.1 KHz mono)
>
> BTW, I understand it's even more involved to make an outgoing call via
> Skype from our PBX, but if someone had ever accomplished such feat, I
> would love to hear about particulars! Please post your comments or
> suggestions here.

I have not tested, but I think your purpose can be solved by useing
sjphone and, or kphone over services provided by http://www.fwdnet.net/
(a freeworld dialup/forward service).

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

christy

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Have you find a good sulotion now?
If not, you can have a try with PrettyMay Call Center, which is software based solution. It can help you handle incoming calls. It also can make outbound calls easily. With the PMCC, all the outbound calls just cost the skype credit, really save money. Learn more at: www.prettymay.net
Hope it helps!