XP system backup

I wish to install XP Service Pack 2, but would like to know how I do a
system back up as required before installing this. There doesn't appear to
be a backup in Windows XP, and I have just copied my docs onto CD in the
past. Thanks

If you have the WinXP Home Edition then you have to install the Backup
Utility yourself. Check here for further info.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select B and
scroll to Backup.