Warning

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Any idea what this message is & why & how to solve this? Thanks for your
support. Below is the error message:-

The system is either busy or has become unstable. You can wait and see if it
becomes availble again, or you can restart your computer.

*Press any key to return to windows and wait.
*Press Ctrl+Alt+Del again to restart your computer. You will lose unsaved
information in any program that are running.

Press any key to continue.

james wrote:
> Any idea what this message is & why & how to solve this? Thanks for your
> support. Below is the error message:-
>
> The system is either busy or has become unstable. You can wait and see if it
> becomes availble again, or you can restart your computer.
>
> *Press any key to return to windows and wait.
> *Press Ctrl+Alt+Del again to restart your computer. You will lose unsaved
> information in any program that are running.
>
> Press any key to continue.

And what version of Windows gave you this screen?
This is 98 crowd but I see that you wrote on 2k system.
On 98 it means that the computer is sending an S.O.S. not knowing how to
move next.
Possible solution, clean install which takes care of unused "junk" that
infests every six-month old install.

Have fun

Stanislaw
Slack user from Ulladulla.

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, Stanislaw Flatto
<compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote:

>james wrote:
>> Any idea what this message is & why & how to solve this? Thanks for your
>> support. Below is the error message:-
>>
>> The system is either busy or has become unstable. You can wait and see if it
>> becomes availble again, or you can restart your computer.
>>
>> *Press any key to return to windows and wait.
>> *Press Ctrl+Alt+Del again to restart your computer. You will lose unsaved
>> information in any program that are running.
>>
>> Press any key to continue.
>>

>And what version of Windows gave you this screen?
>This is 98 crowd but I see that you wrote on 2k system.
>On 98 it means that the computer is sending an S.O.S. not knowing how to
>move next.
>Possible solution, clean install which takes care of unused "junk" that
>infests every six-month old install.
>
>Have fun
>
>Stanislaw
>Slack user from Ulladulla.

FWIW...
No, you cannot see that he wrote on a 2K system.
You see "X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000" and all it
means is that he is posting via the Microsoft web interface rather
than a proper newsreader. It will appear like that no matter what
operating system he is using.
You can access it via this link (if you can put up with the slowness)

Community Newsgroups:

Note that this is not a recommendation to use it.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

Alan Edwards wrote:

>>Stanislaw
>>Slack user from Ulladulla.

> Note that this is not a recommendation to use it.
>
> ...Alan

Not taken as such, see my sig. above.

Have fun

Stanislaw

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, Stanislaw Flatto
<compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote:

>Alan Edwards wrote:
>
>>>Stanislaw
>>>Slack user from Ulladulla.
>

>> Note that this is not a recommendation to use it.
>>
>> ...Alan
>>
>Not taken as such, see my sig. above.
>
>Have fun
>
>Stanislaw

Yes, I saw your sig. Nice place, Ulladulla, if I recall correctly,
though it is some years since I drove up the Princes Highway.

....Alan

Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
> On 98 it means that the computer is sending an S.O.S. not knowing how to
> move next.
> Possible solution, clean install which takes care of unused "junk" that
> infests every six-month old install.

Another possible solution to junk problems: Inteligent use of your
computer & use of cleaning tools.

Generally, if something is giving that message it means it doesn't work
and there are a gazilion reasons why it should do that. If you want to
fix it, you will have to give us more info.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor

Yes I'm a therian: