Windows Error Log

Mike

Splendid

Hello,

I'm wondering if Win98 has some type of error logging.

I'm haveing a problem with Win98 running on a PC104 board (embedded
type system). When my app I am developing is running the OS freezes,
so much so that the clock won't update. When I put traps in my code
(VB6) to try to see if my app is causing this the OS doesn't freeze.

I'd like to know if there is some type of logging done by windows,
something akin to see if I can find out what was happening when the
freeze happened.

Thanks.

Mike

Yes, Windows 98 does in fact have some type of error logging.

I think you can activate it from TweakUI, "Paranoia" tab, check "Log
application errors to FAULTLOG.TXT".

However note that Windows 98 does not generally have the same level of
debugging as Windows 2000 or XP (which is actually thank god, as this
crude system simplifies hardware usage a great deal, in Windows 2000 or
XP it's all emulation which means it's slower and just doesn't provide
the program with the real thing). Long story short, Windows 98 may plain
crash and not catch your error.

Good luck anyway.

--
Model: INFJ