Start-up error

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

on start-up I get the message"A required .DLL file CCL30.DLL was not found".
Where do I get this file and where dows it go?

"Earnie" <Earnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> on start-up I get the message"A required .DLL file CCL30.DLL was not
found".
> Where do I get this file and where dows it go?

Not shown in the MS database at
http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/?dll
so the question becomes:
1. Is it a device file peculiar to your installation
2. or linked to some sort of malware.

For a start see why this file is called by
searching Registry or all your *.INI files.
You can EDIT the file and comment out
this one file call (and put it back if really
needed.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

It probably goes here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccL30.dll
There appears to be a copy here, though you might care to consult
Symantec first.
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ccl30

Have you checked your anti-virus logs?
There is reference to this file being removed by a virus.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.tooso.e.html

(W32/Bagle.bo)
http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/content/Print132205.htm

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojbagledlq.html

....do a Google search to find many more.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, Earnie