Lost IE favorites upgrading from W98 to XP

September 14, 2004 2:27:07 AM

I upgraded a neighbor's system for them (W98->XP) and the XP IE didn't retain
their favorites. Anyway to find or import them from the old W98 folder still
on the hard drive?
Thanks, Jay
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 10:08:02 AM

Hi Jay,

Only if it was preserved under another user profile or the original
favorites folder still remains. Check under:

C:\Windows\Favorites (see if it still exists)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Favorites

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone