Lost IE favorites upgrading from W98 to XP

I upgraded a neighbor's system for them (W98->XP) and the XP IE didn't retain
their favorites. Anyway to find or import them from the old W98 folder still
on the hard drive?
Thanks, Jay
1 answer Last reply
More about lost favorites upgrading

    Hi Jay,

    Only if it was preserved under another user profile or the original
    favorites folder still remains. Check under:

    C:\Windows\Favorites (see if it still exists)
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Favorites

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I upgraded a neighbor's system for them (W98->XP) and the XP IE didn't
    >retain
    > their favorites. Anyway to find or import them from the old W98 folder
    > still
    > on the hard drive?
    > Thanks, Jay

Internet Explorer Favorites Windows XP