Lost IE favorites upgrading from W98 to XP

jay

I upgraded a neighbor's system for them (W98->XP) and the XP IE didn't retain
their favorites. Anyway to find or import them from the old W98 folder still
on the hard drive?
Thanks, Jay

Hi Jay,

Only if it was preserved under another user profile or the original
favorites folder still remains. Check under:

C:\Windows\Favorites (see if it still exists)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Favorites

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone