building a wireless access point out of a WNIC and a windo..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Anybody ever built a WAP out of a WNIC and Windows? I figure it can't be
too much different than the time I built a simple router/firewall out of a
Win98SE box with ICS and 2 nics. All I really need to know is how to set up
the WNIC (infrastructure, ad-hoc, other?)

BTW, I guess I should mention that the reason I want to do this (other than
to find out if it can be done) is because every time I set up a traditional
WAP it keeps getting "borrowed" for other projects. I figure a nice, ugly
junker desktop won't be borrowed so easily.

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about building wireless access point wnic windo
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    bump, anybody?

    "j9" <j9@1aprop.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody ever built a WAP out of a WNIC and Windows? I figure it can't be
    > too much different than the time I built a simple router/firewall out of a
    > Win98SE box with ICS and 2 nics. All I really need to know is how to set
    > up the WNIC (infrastructure, ad-hoc, other?)
    >
    > BTW, I guess I should mention that the reason I want to do this (other
    > than to find out if it can be done) is because every time I set up a
    > traditional WAP it keeps getting "borrowed" for other projects. I figure
    > a nice, ugly junker desktop won't be borrowed so easily.
    >
    > TIA

Wireless Access Microsoft Windows