Flash

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
June 23, 2005 12:02:38 AM

My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
Flash applet running in it.

It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the entire
systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
name - but this didn't work in the slightest.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
crashing the computer.

Regards.
Gavin

More about : flash

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:02:39 AM

"Gavin" <gavin_masonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
> Flash applet running in it.
>
> It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the
entire
> systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
> name - but this didn't work in the slightest.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
> Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
> crashing the computer.
>
> Regards.
> Gavin

Get TurnFlash.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/index.html
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:02:40 AM

Hugh Candlin wrote:
> "Gavin" <gavin_masonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
>> Flash applet running in it.
>>
>> It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the
entire
>> systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
>> name - but this didn't work in the slightest.
>>
>> Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
>> Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
>> crashing the computer.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Gavin
>
> Get TurnFlash.
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/index.html

Seconded! That's a good one, and very lightweight!! I run it almost
all the time (rarely turn it off)
June 23, 2005 1:27:47 AM

Gavin wrote:
> My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
> Flash applet running in it.
>
> It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the entire
> systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
> name - but this didn't work in the slightest.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
> Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
> crashing the computer.

Simple: Use Firefox or Mozilla.

--
Model: INFJ