Flash

My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
Flash applet running in it.

It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the entire
systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
name - but this didn't work in the slightest.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
crashing the computer.

Regards.
Gavin
6 answers Last reply
More about flash

    "Gavin" <gavin_masonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
    > Flash applet running in it.
    >
    > It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the
    entire
    > systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
    > name - but this didn't work in the slightest.
    >
    > Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
    > Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
    > crashing the computer.
    >
    > Regards.
    > Gavin

    Get TurnFlash.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/index.html

    Hugh Candlin wrote:
    > "Gavin" <gavin_masonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
    >> Flash applet running in it.
    >>
    >> It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the
    entire
    >> systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
    >> name - but this didn't work in the slightest.
    >>
    >> Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
    >> Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
    >> crashing the computer.
    >>
    >> Regards.
    >> Gavin
    >
    > Get TurnFlash.
    >
    > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/index.html

    Seconded! That's a good one, and very lightweight!! I run it almost
    all the time (rarely turn it off)

    Gavin wrote:
    > My windows 98 system has a problem when-ever I enter a website that has a
    > Flash applet running in it.
    >
    > It is either fine for a while then IE6 crashes or it simply hangs the entire
    > systems. I did attempt to turn it off by changing the swflash.ocx file's
    > name - but this didn't work in the slightest.
    >
    > Any ideas would be appreciated. Predictably I can't seem to get onto
    > Macromedia's website to find any potential solutions because it keeps
    > crashing the computer.

    Simple: Use Firefox or Mozilla.

    --
    Model: INFJ