FindFast running for ever !

A couple of times in recent weeks, FINDFAST is running and using up
all spare cpu

I left it once, 10-15 minutes still going - had to terminate process

any ideas why this shoudl happen, and what can I do to prevent it
happening.

(Running Win98 SE)

Steve
8 answers Last reply
More about findfast running

    I think FindFast is a MSOffice tool to help find files faster. I believe
    that you can turn it off in Control Panel. I used to have Office 97(not with
    your prob though). And I had with it FindFast.

    HTH,
    jkb

    Steve Walton wrote:
    > A couple of times in recent weeks, FINDFAST is running and using up
    > all spare cpu
    >
    > I left it once, 10-15 minutes still going - had to terminate process
    >
    > any ideas why this shoudl happen, and what can I do to prevent it
    > happening.
    >
    > (Running Win98 SE)

    Doubleclick the FastFind icon in the Control pannel and tell it to stop
    and quit. Then go to the Start menu > Programs > Startup and remove the
    link to "FastFind" from there.

    This should make it stop.

    P.S.: To disable FastFind is one of the top priorities in the guidelines
    for setting up computers in our corporal network at where I work. Don't
    feel bad about killing it, it's a useless little troublemaker and it
    should be done away with as soon as possible.

    --
    Model: INFJ
    Primary function: Coprocessor

    Yes I'm a therian: