FindFast running for ever !

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 23, 2005 3:54:01 PM

A couple of times in recent weeks, FINDFAST is running and using up
all spare cpu

I left it once, 10-15 minutes still going - had to terminate process

any ideas why this shoudl happen, and what can I do to prevent it
happening.

(Running Win98 SE)

Steve

More about : findfast running

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:54:02 PM

I think FindFast is a MSOffice tool to help find files faster. I believe
that you can turn it off in Control Panel. I used to have Office 97(not with
your prob though). And I had with it FindFast.

HTH,
jkb
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 6:22:43 PM

Steve Walton wrote:
> A couple of times in recent weeks, FINDFAST is running and using up
> all spare cpu
>
> I left it once, 10-15 minutes still going - had to terminate process
>
> any ideas why this shoudl happen, and what can I do to prevent it
> happening.
>
> (Running Win98 SE)

Doubleclick the FastFind icon in the Control pannel and tell it to stop
and quit. Then go to the Start menu > Programs > Startup and remove the
link to "FastFind" from there.

This should make it stop.

P.S.: To disable FastFind is one of the top priorities in the guidelines
for setting up computers in our corporal network at where I work. Don't
feel bad about killing it, it's a useless little troublemaker and it
should be done away with as soon as possible.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor

Yes I'm a therian: