Startup Error message

I'm working on my grandaughters HP Pavilion Notebook, Model Ze 5730, Celeron
2.80 GHz, 192 Ram with XP home edition. and I can't find an XP newsgroup, so
maybe someone here can assist me if ya'll would be so kind.

She has a Startup error message that states :
"RUNDLL
Error Loading C:\Windows\System 32\bridge.dll
The specified module could not be Found"

Since it is a System file can someone tell me how to recover and reinstall
this file and get rid of the error message on startup?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Adrian C

--
"Live like there's no tomorrow.....Dance as if no one is watching.....Love
Fervently.....and above all....LAUGH...LAUGH...LAUGH"

Bridge.dll is a module of some adware/malware.

CastleCops Missing bridge.dll file:
http://castlecops.com/postt14722.html

eTrust Spyware Encyclopedia - Bridge:
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453078858

Update your anti-virus app and then run a full-system virus scan.

Use CWShredder, the CoolWeb removal tool, available here:
http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Close all browser windows and open apps, start CWShredder and click the Fix button.

Install Ad-Aware SE free Personal Edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates'
link in the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove what
it finds.
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Install, update and run SpyBot Search & Destroy, scan your system, and then remove
the items in RED only.
SpyBot S&D:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

Install SpywareBlaster:
Click the link in the app to check for and install updates, then click to 'Enable
all protection'.
Update at least weekly.

Download, unzip, and run Hijack This from one of these locations:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.exe
Unzip to a folder other than your Desktop or the Temp folder, doubleclick
HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Press that, save the log somewhere you can find it (Desktop, My Documents, or
similar).
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Copy the log files and paste them into a new post at ONE of these forums:
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html

In your post, please state your problem clearly and what you've done so far to fix
it.

The folks there will tell you what to remove.

See the "housekeeping" you should complete before you post your log:
http://aumha.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4075

A tutorial for using Hijack This is located here:
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Adrian Flores" <Adrian_C_Flores@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> I'm working on my grandaughters HP Pavilion Notebook, Model Ze 5730, Celeron
> 2.80 GHz, 192 Ram with XP home edition. and I can't find an XP newsgroup, so
> maybe someone here can assist me if ya'll would be so kind.
>
> She has a Startup error message that states :
> "RUNDLL
> Error Loading C:\Windows\System 32\bridge.dll
> The specified module could not be Found"
>
> Since it is a System file can someone tell me how to recover and reinstall
> this file and get rid of the error message on startup?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance,
> Adrian C
>

> --
> "Live like there's no tomorrow.....Dance as if no one is watching.....Love
> Fervently.....and above all....LAUGH...LAUGH...LAUGH"

Have her put on a tinfoil hat & go to...

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"Adrian Flores" <Adrian_C_Flores@prodigy.net> wrote in message
| I'm working on my grandaughters HP Pavilion Notebook, Model Ze 5730,
Celeron
| 2.80 GHz, 192 Ram with XP home edition. and I can't find an XP
newsgroup, so
| maybe someone here can assist me if ya'll would be so kind.
|
| She has a Startup error message that states :
| "RUNDLL
| Error Loading C:\Windows\System 32\bridge.dll
| The specified module could not be Found"
|
| Since it is a System file can someone tell me how to recover and
reinstall
| this file and get rid of the error message on startup?
|
| Thanks in advance for any assistance,
| Adrian C
|

| --
| "Live like there's no tomorrow.....Dance as if no one is
watching.....Love
| Fervently.....and above all....LAUGH...LAUGH...LAUGH"

PROBLEM RESOLVED....

Thanks for the help Glen and PCR....as usual, you guys come up with the
right answers every time
Thanks again,
Adrian
"Adrian Flores" <Adrian_C_Flores@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> I'm working on my grandaughters HP Pavilion Notebook, Model Ze 5730,
Celeron
> 2.80 GHz, 192 Ram with XP home edition. and I can't find an XP newsgroup,
so
> maybe someone here can assist me if ya'll would be so kind.
>
> She has a Startup error message that states :
> "RUNDLL
> Error Loading C:\Windows\System 32\bridge.dll
> The specified module could not be Found"
>
> Since it is a System file can someone tell me how to recover and reinstall
> this file and get rid of the error message on startup?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance,
> Adrian C
>

> --
> "Live like there's no tomorrow.....Dance as if no one is watching.....Love
> Fervently.....and above all....LAUGH...LAUGH...LAUGH"

You are welcome. (Some of my answers actually are Glen's, & let it be on
his head!)