ATC-question

Hi all..

Yesterday I realized I had a problem with some of the ATC menues..

I was about to land in LAX, when I for fun decided to request another Runway
for landing. I don´t what happened, but I completely messed up my IFR
flightplan, so I gad to continue onVFR..

My problem seems to be these options..

Select another Runway for landing

Select another approach..

What does they mean??

I know what they should mean, but ATC gave me some instructions I simply
didn´t understand..

Could somebody please explain.....thanks in advance..

Erik

Erik Selde wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> Yesterday I realized I had a problem with some of the ATC menues..
>
> I was about to land in LAX, when I for fun decided to request another Runway
> for landing. I don´t what happened, but I completely messed up my IFR
> flightplan, so I gad to continue onVFR..
>
> My problem seems to be these options..
>
> Select another Runway for landing
>
> Select another approach..
>
> What does they mean??
>
> I know what they should mean, but ATC gave me some instructions I simply
> didn´t understand..
>
> Could somebody please explain.....thanks in advance..
>
> Erik

Do you know what you do? You land on any damn runway you please. When
ATC says "You were not cleared to land. Exit the runway," in that
snooty/huffy voice, key your imaginary mike and say "EAT MY SHORTS,
ATC!!!" Then you accelerate to takeoff speed and lift off again, fly
around in a circle and buzz the tower.

Makes me feel really good for some reason. :)

John

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> My problem seems to be these options..
>
> Select another Runway for landing

Select another runway for landing, just press the corresponding number on
the ATC window.

> Select another approach..

Same as selecting a runway, but before you select a runway go here first, it
will auto-select the runway depending on the approach you choose.

Hi TMBTC,

LOL! :)

I assumed everyone did that - I certainly do.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
John Ward
"The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
> Erik Selde wrote:
>> Hi all..
>>
>> Yesterday I realized I had a problem with some of the ATC menues..
>>
>> I was about to land in LAX, when I for fun decided to request another
>> Runway for landing. I don´t what happened, but I completely messed up my
>> IFR flightplan, so I gad to continue onVFR..
>>
>> My problem seems to be these options..
>>
>> Select another Runway for landing
>>
>> Select another approach..
>>
>> What does they mean??
>>
>> I know what they should mean, but ATC gave me some instructions I simply
>> didn´t understand..
>>
>> Could somebody please explain.....thanks in advance..
>>
>> Erik
>
> Do you know what you do? You land on any damn runway you please. When
> ATC says "You were not cleared to land. Exit the runway," in that
> snooty/huffy voice, key your imaginary mike and say "EAT MY SHORTS,
> ATC!!!" Then you accelerate to takeoff speed and lift off again, fly
> around in a circle and buzz the tower.
>
> Makes me feel really good for some reason. :)
>

> John
>
> --
>

> Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

Hi,

When you use Select Another Approach you will get the one you want, but
then "circle to land" on the original runway. This means to fly the
approach, then a typical pattern to the original runway, and land. You
must use Select Another Runway first before using Select Another
Approach if you do not want to circle to land, and then only if you are
using the new "star runway" AFCAD files that make many of the runways
active at one time. They are available from ProjectAI, AVSIM, or
Flightsim.com.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco

Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com

Erik Selde wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> Yesterday I realized I had a problem with some of the ATC menues..
>
> I was about to land in LAX, when I for fun decided to request another Runway
> for landing. I don´t what happened, but I completely messed up my IFR
> flightplan, so I gad to continue onVFR..
>
> My problem seems to be these options..
>
> Select another Runway for landing
>
> Select another approach..
>
> What does they mean??
>
> I know what they should mean, but ATC gave me some instructions I simply
> didn´t understand..
>
> Could somebody please explain.....thanks in advance..
>
> Erik

Thanks for all your responses, I´ll try and see if this helps...
"Tom Gibson" <tgibson@removethissunstroke.sdsu.edu> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
>
> When you use Select Another Approach you will get the one you want, but
> then "circle to land" on the original runway. This means to fly the
> approach, then a typical pattern to the original runway, and land. You
> must use Select Another Runway first before using Select Another Approach
> if you do not want to circle to land, and then only if you are using the
> new "star runway" AFCAD files that make many of the runways active at one
> time. They are available from ProjectAI, AVSIM, or Flightsim.com.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Tom Gibson
>
> Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com
>
> Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco
>
> Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com
>

> Erik Selde wrote:
>> Hi all..
>>
>> Yesterday I realized I had a problem with some of the ATC menues..
>>
>> I was about to land in LAX, when I for fun decided to request another
>> Runway for landing. I don´t what happened, but I completely messed up my
>> IFR flightplan, so I gad to continue onVFR..
>>
>> My problem seems to be these options..
>>
>> Select another Runway for landing
>>
>> Select another approach..
>>
>> What does they mean??
>>
>> I know what they should mean, but ATC gave me some instructions I simply
>> didn´t understand..
>>
>> Could somebody please explain.....thanks in advance..
>>
>> Erik

Latest posts