I remember from school there's a way to type those funky
letters with accent marks, lines through the middle,
etc. by pressing Ctrl and something else. Can anybody
give me a link to a site that lists the keystrokes?

You may try the Character Map. It is very useful for me when I need a special
character in the middle of a doc writing.

"Josh Heap" wrote:

> I remember from school there's a way to type those funky
> letters with accent marks, lines through the middle,
> etc. by pressing Ctrl and something else. Can anybody
> give me a link to a site that lists the keystrokes?

Type
International Keyboard
in Help while online.

In Word there is a similar facility regardless on the keyboard type. Alt Gr is the right hand side Alt key.
War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html