edited "System" applet now computer will not startup

I made a BIG mistake and edited the control applet ,"System" or sysdm.cpl.
Now computer will not boot into windows nor safe mode either.I get a
msgsrv32.exe error.
I can boot into command prompt.Restoring registry didn't work but that
probably isn't the solution anyway.
What can I do? I don't have a win 98 disk or can't remember where it may be.
I do have all the win 98 files on my computer either on the c or d drive.
At last resort I can re install if a command promt would do it.
I never made a recent boot disk.I don't have a backup either.
I do have files I would like to save thru command prompt but need to get the
floppy working in dos.
I will check back this weekend and will also try and save what files I can.
Thanks in advance for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about edited system applet computer startup

    IGNORE THIS POST IT IS SAME AS ABOVE I CANNOT DELTE FROM SERVER.

    I duly ignore it.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "Joe K" <JoeK@alt.microsoft> wrote in message
    | IGNORE THIS POST IT IS SAME AS ABOVE I CANNOT DELTE FROM SERVER.

Computers Boot Command Prompt Windows