How to get revised SCANDISK.INI onto startup diskette?

I've changed all the FIXes to PROMPTs in the scandisk.ini on my hard
drive, but can't get the new version into the CAB on the startup
diskette. When it creates the diskette, Windows insists on fetching
the original INI version from the Windows CD and putting it into
EBD.CAB, which is then unarchived into a ram drive when booting from
this floppy.

WinZIP will let me extract what's in the CAB, but not change the
contents or create a new CAB.

Any suggestions? There's room for the new version on the floppy,
but I don't know whether the old version might be used automatically
before I get a chance to make the switch. I'd kinda like to get the
new version into the CAB if that's possible.

"Peabody" <waybackKILLSPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8wmve.37685$rb6.6906@lakeread07...
> I've changed all the FIXes to PROMPTs in the scandisk.ini on my hard
> drive, but can't get the new version into the CAB on the startup
> diskette. When it creates the diskette, Windows insists on fetching
> the original INI version from the Windows CD and putting it into
> EBD.CAB, which is then unarchived into a ram drive when booting from
> this floppy.
>
> WinZIP will let me extract what's in the CAB, but not change the
> contents or create a new CAB.
>
> Any suggestions? There's room for the new version on the floppy,
> but I don't know whether the old version might be used automatically
> before I get a chance to make the switch. I'd kinda like to get the
> new version into the CAB if that's possible.

Microsoft has a cabwiz.exe to create *.cab files, but I don't know
that it's free. The simplest solution would probably be to put the
modified scandisk.ini on the floppy, and at the end of autoexec.bat
add

copy a:\scandisk.ini %RAMD%:\ /y

Bill Blanton says...

> Microsoft has a cabwiz.exe to create *.cab files, but I
> don't know that it's free. The simplest solution would
> probably be to put the modified scandisk.ini on the
> floppy, and at the end of autoexec.bat add

> copy a:\scandisk.ini %RAMD%:\ /y

Yep. That will do it. Thanks very much.

"Peabody" <waybackKILLSPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:UXove.37692$rb6.1593@lakeread07...
> Bill Blanton says...
>

> > Microsoft has a cabwiz.exe to create *.cab files, but I
> > don't know that it's free. The simplest solution would
> > probably be to put the modified scandisk.ini on the
> > floppy, and at the end of autoexec.bat add
>
> > copy a:\scandisk.ini %RAMD%:\ /y
>
> Yep. That will do it. Thanks very much.

yeppa..you're welcome