Product key lost or need to buy win98 from someone

I was having problems with my computer put in the windows 98 disc not really
looking at thenumber i had until time to put it in and guess what i had
regestration number not prodauct key number so now all i can do is get to
that point and then the computer shuts down when i cannot enter that key and
microsoft says they can't help me cause windows 98 is no longer under
warrenty. If u can help by pass this great if not does someone have a windows
98 disc with a product key they may want to sell.
--
Soundlady

Come back to me
amanatali@gmail.com

"Soundlady" <yougotit@example.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
I was having problems with my computer put in the windows 98 disc not really
looking at thenumber i had until time to put it in and guess what i had
regestration number not prodauct key number so now all i can do is get to
that point and then the computer shuts down when i cannot enter that key and
microsoft says they can't help me cause windows 98 is no longer under
warrenty. If u can help by pass this great if not does someone have a
windows
98 disc with a product key they may want to sell.
--
Soundlady

yes i am back can u help me on this problem?
--
Soundlady

"AAH" wrote:

> Come back to me
> amanatali@gmail.com
>

> "Soundlady" <yougotit@example.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> I was having problems with my computer put in the windows 98 disc not really
> looking at thenumber i had until time to put it in and guess what i had
> regestration number not prodauct key number so now all i can do is get to
> that point and then the computer shuts down when i cannot enter that key and
> microsoft says they can't help me cause windows 98 is no longer under
> warrenty. If u can help by pass this great if not does someone have a
> windows
> 98 disc with a product key they may want to sell.
> --
> Soundlady

Please come to my
amanatali@gmail.com address

with your proper email address if you need any help
on this matter. Help is available.

"AAH" wrote:

> Come back to me
> amanatali@gmail.com
>

> "Soundlady" <yougotit@example.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> I was having problems with my computer put in the windows 98 disc not
really
> looking at thenumber i had until time to put it in and guess what i had
> regestration number not prodauct key number so now all i can do is get to
> that point and then the computer shuts down when i cannot enter that key
and
> microsoft says they can't help me cause windows 98 is no longer under
> warrenty. If u can help by pass this great if not does someone have a
> windows
> 98 disc with a product key they may want to sell.
> --
> Soundlady

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232142
Troubleshooting "Invalid Product Key" Error Message During Setup

(A) You must pray for one now, as you have wiped it from...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
ProductKey "12345-12345-12345-12345-12345"

(1) "START, Run, RegEdit"
(2) Click plus signs beginning at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", & ending with
"Windows".
(3) Click "CurrentVersion" in the left pane under "Windows".
(4) Look in right pane for ProductKey.

That is the one that was used to install your current Windows. Jot it
down, as it may work if different from the one on your Windows 98 Manual
or CD case.

(B) Microsoft: 1 800 642-7676, last I knew. Perhaps they will respond to
an original tale, if you can come up with it. Tell them a TIF monster
swallowed it!

(C) Not all numbers will work on all machines, especially if the OS is
different. Have you ever foolishly posted your number? Then, try...
http://www.google.com/ Groups
....put your name & "ProductKey" into the search.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"Soundlady" <yougotit@example.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
| I was having problems with my computer put in the windows 98 disc not
really
| looking at thenumber i had until time to put it in and guess what i
had
| regestration number not prodauct key number so now all i can do is get
| that point and then the computer shuts down when i cannot enter that
key and
| microsoft says they can't help me cause windows 98 is no longer under
| warrenty. If u can help by pass this great if not does someone have a
windows
| 98 disc with a product key they may want to sell.
| --
| Soundlady

Microsoft can re-issue lost numbers.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246
How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
(Right at the bottom)

You can probably also buy Windows 98se on eBay. The full or upgrade retail
is best, as it can be used for upgrade or a new install. The OEM version is
usually cheaper, but you may have problems using it as an upgrade.

I would not recommend getting a replacement key from anyone other than
Microsoft.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

> snip <
>
> However, as Jeff indicated, some major OEM systems, like Dell, Gateway,
> etc., have already been "Activated" before you get them--and their
> operating system can't be used except on that specific machine.

FWIW, my reference was to tying the license to the hardware, not tying the
software to the hardware.

"Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
>> snip <
>>
>> However, as Jeff indicated, some major OEM systems, like Dell,
>> Gateway, etc., have already been "Activated" before you get them--and
>> their operating system can't be used except on that specific machine.
>
> FWIW, my reference was to tying the license to the hardware, not tying
> the software to the hardware.

Reading again, I now realize that. Sorry to have twisted your specific
statement into a slightly different topic

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User