Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

High capacity laser Printer with duplex unit

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
February 14, 2005 10:12:27 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:25:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In article <1108393947.241752.17810@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
KAT <vk_kat@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
>effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
>PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
>duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
>


My experince with HP printers is the larger they get the more
impressive they are but I have not bought a big one recently.

Since this is obviously an important piece of equipment for your
business include the cost of on-site maintenance coverage in your
budget. Get it from HP or if you can get a referal to a local huy
that's good he can save you some money. Fixing these these things
isn't rocket science but if you've got a business deadline you need it
fixed promptly. With maintanance it should last for many years.




--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 6:34:38 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Al Dykes <adykes@panix.com> wrote:
> In article <1108393947.241752.17810@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> KAT <vk_kat@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
>>effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
>>PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
>>duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
>
> My experince with HP printers is the larger they get the more
> impressive they are but I have not bought a big one recently.

The LaserJet 4350N is very fast (55 ppm) and includes a duplexer.
Haven't had it for very long, but so far it's been good.

> Since this is obviously an important piece of equipment for your
> business include the cost of on-site maintenance coverage in your
> budget. Get it from HP or if you can get a referal to a local huy
> that's good he can save you some money.

I disagree. Buy two printers instead, less expensive models if budget
is a concern. For above, maybe two LaserJet 4200s instead of the 4350.

With multiple printers, you have redundancy and zero downtime. My
experience with maintenance and on-site repair contracts is that it's
generally just somebody who shows up to tell you they don't have the
parts but can get them ordered.

--
Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA
Related resources
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 6:34:39 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In article <slrnd11h8e.197h.wblock@speedy.wonkity.com>,
Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
>Al Dykes <adykes@panix.com> wrote:
>> In article <1108393947.241752.17810@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>> KAT <vk_kat@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
>>>effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
>>>PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
>>>duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
>>
>> My experince with HP printers is the larger they get the more
>> impressive they are but I have not bought a big one recently.
>
>The LaserJet 4350N is very fast (55 ppm) and includes a duplexer.
>Haven't had it for very long, but so far it's been good.
>
>> Since this is obviously an important piece of equipment for your
>> business include the cost of on-site maintenance coverage in your
>> budget. Get it from HP or if you can get a referal to a local huy
>> that's good he can save you some money.
>
>I disagree. Buy two printers instead, less expensive models if budget
>is a concern. For above, maybe two LaserJet 4200s instead of the 4350.
>
>With multiple printers, you have redundancy and zero downtime. My
>experience with maintenance and on-site repair contracts is that it's
>generally just somebody who shows up to tell you they don't have the
>parts but can get them ordered.
>
>--
>Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA


Two medium vs one big one. Worth discussing but IMO it has to be done
in the context of the user's business cycles and deadlines. Each
printer has to be fast enough meet the deadlines and some print jobs
can't be broken up to use printers in parallel.

I find the bigger they are the more reliable and it depends on which
models you are talking about. I wouldn't trade a big printer for two,
or five, SOHO laser printers. The cost per page can also go down for
larger printers.

HP contract maintanance has been good to me. Next-day service meet my
business requirements. If a printer had a problem I called HP. They
asked me to dump the error codes and the next morning UPS showed up
with the right part and the technician showed up an hour later and
fixed it. Sometimes I put the part in myself.

If you have a relationship with a competant local guy he can give you
same-day service and for less money. He'll have the spare parts that
cover 95% of the service calls for your printer on hand, in the trunk
of his car.


--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 7:53:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

KAT wrote:
> I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
> effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
> PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
> duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
>

It depends on what sort of volume you'll be doing and what types of
print you need. If you're only on A4 (or letter) then the LJ4350 which
prints at around 53/55 ppm and has a hi-capacity toner cartridge would
do the job. It comes in multiple skews (network, duplex, twin tray etc)
and is an absolute workhorse.

Alternatively, if you also want A3/11x17 paper then you should look at
the LaserJet 9050 which is 50ppm, has a 300,000 page duty cycle and
paperhandling options like stackers, stapler/stackers, booklet makers
and mailboxes. Also a powerhouse printer.

--
Mushroom
!