High capacity laser Printer with duplex unit

I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
4 answers Last reply
More about high capacity laser printer duplex unit

    In article <1108393947.241752.17810@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    KAT <vk_kat@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
    >effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
    >PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
    >duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.

    My experince with HP printers is the larger they get the more
    impressive they are but I have not bought a big one recently.

    Since this is obviously an important piece of equipment for your
    business include the cost of on-site maintenance coverage in your
    budget. Get it from HP or if you can get a referal to a local huy
    that's good he can save you some money. Fixing these these things
    isn't rocket science but if you've got a business deadline you need it
    fixed promptly. With maintanance it should last for many years.

    --

    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    Al Dykes <adykes@panix.com> wrote:
    > In article <1108393947.241752.17810@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    > KAT <vk_kat@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
    >>effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
    >>PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
    >>duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
    >
    > My experince with HP printers is the larger they get the more
    > impressive they are but I have not bought a big one recently.

    The LaserJet 4350N is very fast (55 ppm) and includes a duplexer.
    Haven't had it for very long, but so far it's been good.

    > Since this is obviously an important piece of equipment for your
    > business include the cost of on-site maintenance coverage in your
    > budget. Get it from HP or if you can get a referal to a local huy
    > that's good he can save you some money.

    I disagree. Buy two printers instead, less expensive models if budget
    is a concern. For above, maybe two LaserJet 4200s instead of the 4350.

    With multiple printers, you have redundancy and zero downtime. My
    experience with maintenance and on-site repair contracts is that it's
    generally just somebody who shows up to tell you they don't have the
    parts but can get them ordered.

    In article <slrnd11h8e.197h.wblock@speedy.wonkity.com>,
    Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
    >Al Dykes <adykes@panix.com> wrote:
    >> In article <1108393947.241752.17810@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    >> KAT <vk_kat@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>>I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
    >>>effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
    >>>PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
    >>>duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.
    >>
    >> My experince with HP printers is the larger they get the more
    >> impressive they are but I have not bought a big one recently.
    >
    >The LaserJet 4350N is very fast (55 ppm) and includes a duplexer.
    >Haven't had it for very long, but so far it's been good.
    >
    >> Since this is obviously an important piece of equipment for your
    >> business include the cost of on-site maintenance coverage in your
    >> budget. Get it from HP or if you can get a referal to a local huy
    >> that's good he can save you some money.
    >
    >I disagree. Buy two printers instead, less expensive models if budget
    >is a concern. For above, maybe two LaserJet 4200s instead of the 4350.
    >
    >With multiple printers, you have redundancy and zero downtime. My
    >experience with maintenance and on-site repair contracts is that it's
    >generally just somebody who shows up to tell you they don't have the
    >parts but can get them ordered.
    >
    >--
    >Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

    Two medium vs one big one. Worth discussing but IMO it has to be done
    in the context of the user's business cycles and deadlines. Each
    printer has to be fast enough meet the deadlines and some print jobs
    can't be broken up to use printers in parallel.

    I find the bigger they are the more reliable and it depends on which
    models you are talking about. I wouldn't trade a big printer for two,
    or five, SOHO laser printers. The cost per page can also go down for
    larger printers.

    HP contract maintanance has been good to me. Next-day service meet my
    business requirements. If a printer had a problem I called HP. They
    asked me to dump the error codes and the next morning UPS showed up
    with the right part and the technician showed up an hour later and
    fixed it. Sometimes I put the part in myself.

    If you have a relationship with a competant local guy he can give you
    same-day service and for less money. He'll have the spare parts that
    cover 95% of the service calls for your printer on hand, in the trunk
    of his car.

    --

    KAT wrote:
    > I am having two (2) HP-LJ2300 printers. both are very god and cost
    > effective. But I want to go for new printer. Preferably HP for higher
    > PPM and more cost effective. If anyone tried HP higher-end printer with
    > duplex please let me know witch one I should buy. Cost is no problem.

    It depends on what sort of volume you'll be doing and what types of
    print you need. If you're only on A4 (or letter) then the LJ4350 which
    prints at around 53/55 ppm and has a hi-capacity toner cartridge would
    do the job. It comes in multiple skews (network, duplex, twin tray etc)
    and is an absolute workhorse.

    Alternatively, if you also want A3/11x17 paper then you should look at
    the LaserJet 9050 which is 50ppm, has a 300,000 page duty cycle and
    paperhandling options like stackers, stapler/stackers, booklet makers
    and mailboxes. Also a powerhouse printer.

    --
    Mushroom

Printers Hewlett Packard Laser Printer Peripherals